Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If I’m CAM I keep this scholly available. IMO Marquette is going to struggle to make the tournament this year. If Wojo gets fired Garcia could be available again if not then try for a grad transfer that can make an impact.

Why is wojo on a hot seat? He has won 20 games three straight years. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FKIM01 said:

That's true...hadn't really thought about the "losing" schools leaking it but that's more likely than the winners.  It's a shame that adults feel the need to steal a kid's thunder.  If I were a recruit, I'd do like Cody Zeller and tell them they'll all find out at the same time...when I announce.

That’s not what Cody did.

33 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I have to say I'm quite surprised that it seems something has leaked out about DG's decision.  It felt like they were really playing it close to the vest only to let something slip out on the cusp of his announcement.

Bummer, but that's recruiting.  On with the season at hand!

Once a decision is made he likely told staff or even could be the Tipton edit people etc who make those edits. Either way when people start popping this late it’s likely a done deal.

Well it was fun while it lasted...liking hitting on four of numbers in the power ball or whatever lol. Anyways I think we have a good year ahead of ourselves and on to more success! It sucks because I think he could have made us a top 10 team next year but even without we will still be good.

8 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Why is wojo on a hot seat? He has won 20 games three straight years. 

It’s been mentioned that he is by many different people. The extension was purely for recruiting and not to take him off the hot seat. I would assume they feel his teams the last couple years have underachieved. 

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s been mentioned that he is by many different people. The extension was purely for recruiting and not to take him off the hot seat. I would assume they feel his teams the last couple years have underachieved. 

I linked an article that was critical of the way Marquette mailed it in at the end of last season and the obvious chemistry issues with the Hauser brothers bailing after Marcus Howard announced he was staying.  Sounds like it's not so much the win numbers, but the overall trend after what...eight years(?) in the drivers seat?  I could see IU fans being pretty impatient if Archie was trending down at that point.  Marquette doesn't look very good this year thus far and they are going to lose a huge piece of the offense to graduation.

Someone has bad information.  I find it interesting that we believe one source until another source says something contradictory.  So, someone has bad information.  At this point, we don't know whose information is bad.  No reason to assume it's one way or the other at this point.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Someone has bad information.  I find it interesting that we believe one source until another source says something contradictory.  So, someone has bad information.  At this point, we don't know whose information is bad.  No reason to assume it's one way or the other at this point.  

Not true at all. Everyone gets info from different people at different times. Nobody has “bad” information. Once again. Stop saying this type of crap. It does absolutely no good and would deter posters from sharing info. Just curious what’s your goal here? 

1 minute ago, Max said:

Not true at all. Everyone gets info from different people at different times. Nobody has “bad” information. Once again. Stop saying this type of crap. It does absolutely no good and would deter posters from sharing info. Just curious what’s your goal here? 

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.  There was no goal.  I'm simply saying two different people were told two different things.  One of them is wrong.  And, if you read my post, I said there is no way of knowing which one is right at this point, so, all the doom and gloom may actually be unnecessary.

You are trying to make something out of my post that was not remotely the intent.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.  There was no goal.  I'm simply saying two different people were told two different things.  One of them is wrong.  And, if you read my post, I said there is no way of knowing which one is right at this point, so, all the doom and gloom may actually be unnecessary.

You are trying to make something out of my post that was not remotely the intent.  

I am saying that different people can receive information at different points/times in the process. At a given time it might be accurate and the next minute it can change. You are instead calling it “bad” information. Bad information is not this and context/timing is important. We do not have these details in these instances so they need to be interpreted with these caveats in mind. Done.

13 minutes ago, Max said:

I am saying that different people can receive information at different points/times in the process. At a given time it might be accurate and the next minute it can change. You are instead calling it “bad” information. Bad information is not this and context/timing is important. We do not have these details in these instances so they need to be interpreted with these caveats in mind. Done.

I'm in no way am saying that any of our insiders are being sloppy and passing information that is not trustworthy.  But, the bottom line is Garcia is only going to pick one school.  It may not even be IU nor Marquette.    For all I know, insider #1 got the news from Mom and insider #2 got his info from Dad.  No reason to doubt either one of those.  But, ultimately either mom or dad is going to be wrong (in fact, both could be wrong). Dawson can't choose both schools.  In that scenario, 3 hours ago everyone believed mom, and now everyone is believing dad.   My point is why is Dad more trustworthy than Mom at this point?  What makes Dad's info more reliable than Mom's?  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm in no way am saying that any of our insiders are being sloppy and passing information that is not trustworthy.  But, the bottom line is Garcia is only going to pick one school.  It may not even be IU nor Marquette.    For all I know, insider #1 got the news from Mom and insider #2 got his info from Dad.  No reason to doubt either one of those.  But, ultimately either mom or dad is going to be wrong (in fact, both could be wrong). Dawson can't choose both schools.  In that scenario, 3 hours ago everyone believed mom, and now everyone is believing dad.   My point is why is Dad more trustworthy than Mom at this point?  What makes Dad's info more reliable than Mom's?  

I didn’t realize that’s the debate that’s happening. Not weighing in on that. I appreciate any and all of the posters here on HSN. I’m not here to grade anyone’s work and nor should anyone. We’re here to talk IU and share insights - not keep scores. Let’s leave that to crystal ball on 247. RE: your scenario - I do not care who’s more reliable. I want every voice heard regardless.

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Those underhanded, sneaky Jesuits have done me bad again. First they get me excommunicated and now this.

Yes, it's those dang Jesuit! They've been meddling in our recruitments for years, and now they're colluding with Wojo to swing this one to Marquette! 

39 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Sounds like Dawson's Creek maybe drying up..hope thats not the case..we dont need this 2 years in a row

Losing Garcia would definitely sting.  But, in regards to the 'two year's in a row' aspect of your post.  Keion Brooks would not be a starter on this year's IU team.  Brooks can play the 2, 3, or 4, and those just happen to be the positions manned by our 3 best players so far this season.  I'll take the experience of 3rd year guys in Durham ans Smith, and an absolute stud in TJD every day of the week over over Brooks.  

We may not have liked how it all went down with Brooks, but missing out on him is not necessarily a bad thing.  In fact, if we would have landed him, it may have had an impact on our ability to get Leal, Galloway, or Geronimo.  I'll take 4 years of those guys over a 1 or 2 year stint with Brooks as well.  

Oh well. Getting DG would make this a stellar class and I really want him at IU. That said, no one player is bigger than the program and a lot can happen between now and the end of the signing period in 2020. Team is trending upward. We just need to win. 

Archived