Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to move on and actually worry about the kids that already have IU on front of their jersey.  The season has started and it appears that the players have worked hard during the off season and have looked good so far.  Let's enjoy the season and root for people who want to be part of the IU program and don't worry about kids who don't.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Time to move on and actually worry about the kids that already have IU on front of their jersey.  The season has started and it appears that the players have worked hard during the off season and have looked good so far.  Let's enjoy the season and root for people who want to be part of the IU program and don't worry about kids who don't.

Amen brother!

Hopefully something will happen to change his mind. The team we have put together now can be very, very good later this year and next year. Dawson would only make next years version better. If he thinks Marquette is a better option for him to get to wherever he wants to go.....so be it. I can't imagine what one of those reasons might be but whatever. We watch kids make poor choices all the time. 

If Garcia does choose Marquette....I'd say hold onto that last ship for either 2021 class or every single year there's a kid who chooses to reclassify in the spring....or even a grad transfer. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully something will happen to change his mind. The team we have put together now can be very, very good later this year and next year. Dawson would only make next years version better. If he thinks Marquette is a better option for him to get to wherever he wants to go.....so be it. I can't imagine what one of those reasons might be but whatever. We watch kids make poor choices all the time. 

If Garcia does choose Marquette....I'd say hold onto that last ship for either 2021 class or every single year there's a kid who chooses to reclassify in the spring....or even a grad transfer. 

Agreed. Someone will pop up. It’ll just be whether we can get on their map. Archie did what he could. Can’t force a person’s heart even if they’re making a poor choice and with all due respect this is a poor choice. It’s not the reasonable choice.

28 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

By that then so did all the other coaches that recruited him.  Happens to every single school a recruit decides not to pick. Our recruiting class is just fine and will continue to be.  

Anybody throw out any names for 2020 that we may want to watch for...or does it look like Archie will move on to 21? I don't think we have a must get in 20 because we will bring back largely what we have already likely but I did sense we liked to add depth to the front line because that takes a little more time to develop. Thanks for all you bring to board.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anybody throw out any names for 2020 that we may want to watch for...or does it look like Archie will move on to 21? I don't think we have a must get in 20 because we will bring back largely what we have already likely but I did sense we liked to add depth to the front line because that takes a little more time to develop. Thanks for all you bring to board.

I would hold on to it for 21 and try to get a grad transfer for next year.  Unless someone comes available in the spring that we don't know about because plenty of coaches will get fired after the year.

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Agreed. Someone will pop up. It’ll just be whether we can get on their map. Archie did what he could. Can’t force a person’s heart even if they’re making a poor choice and with all due respect this is a poor choice. It’s not the reasonable choice.

Honestly as much time and thought and consideration he and his family put into this I think Marquette will be the best fit for him. I don't think he is making a mistake. I think he could have had an outstanding career here at IU and set himself up for a first rd pick in a couple years but Marquette is a fabulous school and hope him and his family the best. I don't think other than Memphis in this situation there were any bad options for Dawson. Even if we might have the better team moving forward his heart was telling him Marquette and he will have plenty of opportunity there to stand out. Some times there are no bad choices...just maybe better ones (and obviously a better one for us) but he is going to make that program better and I wish him well.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With Coach Miller and staff now in year 3, the program definitely looks and feels different in a positive way. 

Here are a few crucial differences I have already noticed, early this season that were absent last year.

- less individual focus and more team focus

-players enjoying playing with each other (smiling on the court and on the bench)

- Coach Miller's Pack-line defense is starting to show flashes of relavance

-unlikely leaders smiling & leading.....(Devonte & Justin)

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would hold on to it for 21 and try to get a grad transfer for next year.  Unless someone comes available in the spring that we don't know about because plenty of coaches will get fired after the year.

Unless there is a Brunk type situation what grad transfer would see significant minutes? Have to be a very special one. We are pretty deep at all positions...even with Green and Davis leaving. Now if Trayce goes OAD then yes a big would be helpful but honestly its 21 that we look a little thin at 4/5.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honestly as much time and thought and consideration he and his family put into this I think Marquette will be the best fit for him. I don't think he is making a mistake. I think he could have had an outstanding career here at IU and set himself up for a first rd pick in a couple years but Marquette is a fabulous school and hope him and his family the best. I don't think other than Memphis in this situation there were any bad options for Dawson. Even if we might have the better team moving forward his heart was telling him Marquette and he will have plenty of opportunity there to stand out. Some times there are no bad choices...just maybe better ones (and obviously a better one for us) but he is going to make that program better and I wish him well.

I agree with what you say but I just have a hard time finding what Marquette provides that is better than what is provided at IU.

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

With Coach Miller and staff now in year 3, the program definitely looks and feels different in a positive way. 

Here are a few crucial differences I have already noticed, early this season that were absent last year.

- less individual focus and more team focus

-players enjoying playing with each other (smiling on the court and on the bench)

- Coach Miller's Pack-line defense is starting to show flashes of relavance

-unlikely leaders smiling & leading.....(Devonte & Justin)

Thanks for the rays of sunshine...…  😁

Just now, IU Scott said:

I agree with what you say but I just have a hard time finding what Marquette provides that is better than what is provided at IU.

There isn't which tells me this decision came down to something along the lines of proximity to home....or some other emotional reason. Nothing to do with on the court or facilities or attention,etc......I mean maybe it could come down to the promises of endless shots during a game but this kid doesn't strike me as one of those. Has to be something where IU/Archie have zero control over.

Archived