Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Dawson, next year's team is top 10.  Without it's likely top 15.  Besides the obvious reasons we believe iu is way better than mu think about this for next year.  

Minutes at the 5.  Brunk is getting 20.  Trayce and Race are filling out the rest.  

At the 4.  Tracye is getting 20.  Smith is getting 28+ minutes somewhere.  Race will play minutes at the 4.  

At the 3.  Hunter is getting 20+  Smith and Demezi fill out the rest.  

Bottom line.  Dawson, even though he's a 20th ranked stretch 4, is going to have to compete with grown men for minutes at iu.  At mu, as we heard, he's being offered the lead role.  He's just not going to get near 30 minutes at iu.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

With Dawson, next year's team is top 10.  Without it's likely top 15.  Besides the obvious reasons we believe iu is way better than mu think about this for next year.  

Minutes at the 5.  Brunk is getting 20.  Trayce and Race are filling out the rest.  

At the 4.  Tracye is getting 20.  Smith is getting 28+ minutes somewhere.  Race will play minutes at the 4.  

At the 3.  Hunter is getting 20+  Smith and Demezi fill out the rest.  

Bottom line.  Dawson, even though he's a 20th ranked stretch 4, is going to have to compete with grown men for minutes at iu.  At mu, as we heard, he's being offered the lead role.  He's just not going to get near 30 minutes at iu.  

Yes. Instant, plentiful PT and being the focus would have to be a significant factor for MU.  They were also after him the longest.  Their location is more favorable for the Garcia family.

I think our appeal was the tradition, the enormous fan support, and getting to play with his friends.  I don't know how much tournament success in the next couple years or getting to the NBA were a consideration, but I can see how the above items are kind of a "wash" for the kid.

17 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Rabby and Peegs trying to do their best to get Clicks. 

Man they really know how to work a cult like hustle don't they?  Rabby apparently even saying that what Daniels is reporting is wrong and there is really no decision made yet.  Probably because he wants you to believe that if there was a decision, he would know the outcome.

29 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Hmm...you're right. They only did better than us last 2 years. Well...then I guess for an out of state kid, IU was not that attractive. We think IU is far better than MU, and it won't be a smart decision if any kid picks MU over IU, but maybe that's because we're IU diehards. 

Remember that "the last 2 years" also includes a Marquette trip to Assembly Hall where if I remember right, they took a pretty thorough ass whipping. 

I'd have thought Archie would have had that recording qued up and ready when Dawson visited...

Only hope I can hold for at this point is...

If it is true that he wanted to commit during IU visit, but is choosing Marquette now, he changed his mind (at least) once before, so hopefully he changes his mind again before announcement (if he hasn't informed coaches/truly decided yet).

That being said it sounds like it is Marquette unfortunately. Given that @CoachSS and @IUwins0708 have both said things that lend support to the crystal ball picks.

49 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Someone I trust just told me he isn't going to IU, so who knows maybe it is leaking out now.

This is what happens to football schools, recruits want to play where they aren't second fiddle to Spring football games. We just have to accept it.

We need to focus on how to beat Michigan this weekend. Pound PU and knock them out of Bowl contention. Then see where we play in December.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have they really been that much better than IU the last 5 years

Marquette                                              IU

13-19                                                      20-14

20-13                                                      27-8

19-13                                                      18-16

21-13                                                      16-15

24-10                                                      19-16

And, don't forget we kicked their ash when we played them last season.

3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Bottom line is they valued the fact that MU was recruiting him the hardest and longest. 

That's a sketchy bottom line. I'm not questioning the veracity of the sentiment, but by that logic, if UW-Milwaukee was recruiting him the longest and hardest, he would have pulled the lever for them. Or how about Chicago State?

1 minute ago, hoosiermd said:

That's a sketchy bottom line. I'm not questioning the veracity of the sentiment, but by that logic, if UW-Milwaukee was recruiting him the longest and hardest, he would have pulled the lever for them. Or how about Chicago State?

Those schools do not move the needle.  Now, Montana State?  Yeah, I would worry about that.  :coffee:

14 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Howard is going to kill it with recruiting no doubt. Whether he can coach is another story.

Depends on his recruiting tactics as well.  Between his name and Michigan's name, he shouldn't have to resort to too much under the table.  But if he goes all Penny on things....

30 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Man they really know how to work a cult like hustle don't they?  Rabby apparently even saying that what Daniels is reporting is wrong and there is really no decision made yet.  Probably because he wants you to believe that if there was a decision, he would know the outcome.

Rabby has no credibilty in my book after the garland fiasco. How they can get people give pay then 10 bucks a month is truly remarkable in this day and age. They offer nothing you cannot get for free. It is a hustle no doubt.

Just now, Bedford1432 said:

Rabby has no credibilty in my book after the garland fiasco. How they can get people give pay then 10 bucks a month is truly remarkable in this day and age. They offer nothing you cannot get for free. It is a hustle no doubt.

If there was a middle finger emoji I could use on here for a reply, i would fire it off here 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Depends on his recruiting tactics as well.  Between his name and Michigan's name, he shouldn't have to resort to too much under the table.  But if he goes all Penny on things....

He should be able to get several five stars per year on his name alone and selling his experience in the league. Realistically our model will probably be more like purdue or wisconsin. We can occasionally get a 5 star in state guy but nationally we can't compete for 5 star players much imo against all these coaches selling OAD.

2 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

He should be able to get several five stars per year on his name alone and selling his experience in the league. Realistically our model will probably be more like purdue or wisconsin. We can occasionally get a 5 star in state guy but nationally we can't compete for 5 star players much imo against all these coaches selling OAD.

OAD rule is on its way out in a couple of years

34 minutes ago, cybergates said:

If it is true that he wanted to commit during IU visit, but is choosing Marquette now, he changed his mind (at least) once before

Yes, if that is really true, and I was an objective advisor, I would tell him to call off the signing and wait until Spring. If it’s really that close, no benefit other than ending the process 

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This info is from https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59340.0

Dawson Garcia will make his college choice known on Wednesday at 3:30 central time from Prior Lake HS.  It will be streamed live on CBS Sports HQ and the BB coaches at the school have made their predictions.  My friend says he believes MU will land the talented forward this week.  The other assistants are leaning towards Minnesota.  Interestingly, there is not a coach on the staff predicting Garcia will choose Indiana.  I look forward to watching the big announcement on Wednesday!

Very baffled by what I have underlined,  thoughts?

My thought is that all of these recruits who speak so glowingly about us after visits are merely flattering us. 

Nothing like a little recruiting drama to bring out the 'sky is falling' crowd.  If only every class would be a game-changing group like The Movement from a few years ago, we could have about 9 banners by now.

Yes, I'm being a smart ass, but seriously, that was the last time some people were excited about a recruiting class, and we all know how that turned out.

Embrace who comes.  Wish those who don't good luck unless they are playing us.  And, move on.

1 minute ago, Long Duk Dong said:

My thought is that all of these recruits who speak so glowingly about us after visits are merely flattering us. 

Are you unhappy with the state of the program at this exact moment?  I'm not.  I'm excited about what I have seen this year, regardless of where Garcia signs.

Archived