Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

the end, Marquette won out over in-state Minnesota despite the Golden Gophers' best efforts.

we got 3rd.

If true, then geography really was a major factor. Marquette's also a great choice if he didn't really want to go to Minnesota. Different enough that folks in MN can rationalize. Not like selecting Wisconsin like so many Minnesota kids have done.

OK, my last post on Mr. Garcia. Wish him well. Seems like a good kid.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So Darius Garland all over again?

I really, really, wanted Darius.  Due to the fact that he was born in my hometown of Gary, Indiana. And his dad played and coached HS in Gary as well.  However. It really did not work out very great for Vanderbilt. Did it ?  Could be the same for Dawson and Marg.  We'll see what happens.  Still wish him the best.

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Alarmist fans who hyperventilate and panic every time we get bad news crack me up.  You'd think sports fans--of all people--could have a bit of mental toughness and perspective.  Not only are these panicked people not who you want in a foxhole with you, but they probably suck at their jobs.  Not a good look or trait.

Agree.  Seems there are Chicken Littles in every pot.  The hand wringing and gnashing of teeth over an 18 YO decision to persue their dreams by adults never ceases to bemuse me.  This is why I have no interest in the recruiting.  I'm happy to let CAM do his duty and I'll cheer for the ones who decide to don the Candy Stripes.  Don't care about the rest.

8 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Seems like it the way the CBS  article was worded. Beginning to realize because a recruit just loved his visit in no way means you lead for a kid. They probably say that after every visit. In fact I am pretty sure they do.

Yep,

In another thread I posted that Jay Bilas talked about his recruitment, on a show last night, and he mentioned how he enjoyed all of his visits and was ready to commit to EVERY school following each visit.  Although it did not work out for us in this case it is smart for kids and families to step back from the emotional high of a visit before making a decision.

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Alarmist fans who hyperventilate and panic every time we get bad news crack me up.  You'd think sports fans--of all people--could have a bit of mental toughness and perspective.  Not only are these panicked people not who you want in a foxhole with you, but they probably suck at their jobs.  Not a good look or trait.

They should treat it like the rest of us rational folk do: use it as an excuse to get liquored up. 

Dawson never said we were 3rd, right? Just some CBS hack that figured the hometown narrative worked. 

Bedford/Bailey, I thought you called him to IU? And why is it exactly that you only show up when there’s bad news for you to wallow in?

I really liked Dawson as a player. Good luck to him. 

Archived