Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

8 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Dawson never said we were 3rd, right? Just some CBS hack that figured the hometown narrative worked. 

Agreed.  And the CBS reporter's narrative fits the narrative of the 'sky is falling in Indiana' crowd like a glove.

It really does not hurt us next year,  but it puts a premium on getting multiple bigs in the 2021 class,  We're definitely losing Brunk and Smith after next year, and TJD could be gone as well.  I saw one mock that had TJD as a 2nd round pick in 2021.  Now, I don't think he would leave if that's where he was projected, but I can see him moving up quite a bit if he continues to play the way he has been.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I really, really, wanted Darius.  Due to the fact that he was born in my hometown of Gary, Indiana. And his dad played and coached HS in Gary as well.  However. It really did not work out very great for Vanderbilt. Did it ?  Could be the same for Dawson and Marg.  We'll see what happens.  Still wish him the best.

I agree on that.  I wouldn't trade one Rob Phinissee for ten Darius Garlands.

Good luck to him. Do I agree with his choice? Nope. He and his family have their reasons. Won't spend another post or thought on the kid. He's not with us so he's against us. Just like the others. Save the ship for reclassification, grad transfer or load up on huge 2021 class. PS.....IU got 3 really, really good players. Not the headlines everyone wants but 3 phenomenal players who chose us. I'm down with that. 

58 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Bridesmaid once again! Amazing how other schools can land multiple five stars!! Amazing how some schools don’t miss a beat after what should be major sanctions!! UL anyone???

You mean 5 stars like

Cody Zeller

Yogi Ferrell

James Blackmon

Noah Vonleh

Thomas Bryant

Romeo Langford

TJD

47 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

Seems like it the way the CBS  article was worded. Beginning to realize because a recruit just loved his visit in no way means you lead for a kid. They probably say that after every visit. In fact I am pretty sure they do.

On the show last night about coach K, Jay Bilas said he was ready to commit after every visit so kids do these things after visits.

My question to some of you who think we whiff a lot on recruits is do you think every player we offer but goes elsewhere is a whiff.  If you only have 2-4 sots a year and you offer 16 which most teams do the every team has the same amount of whiff's.  there are some schools who offer more than 50 a year for 1-4 slots a year so they will have numerous whiff's

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

My question to some of you who think we whiff a lot on recruits is do you think every player we offer but goes elsewhere is a whiff.  If you only have 2-4 sots a year and you offer 16 which most teams do the every team has the same amount of whiff's.  there are some schools who offer more than 50 a year for 1-4 slots a year so they will have numerous whiff's

We whiffed on our top 2 targets for 2020.  Morton and Garcia.  Not good and the 2021 class will likely now decide Archie's fate.  

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

We whiffed on our top 2 targets for 2020.  Morton and Garcia.  Not good and the 2021 class will likely now decide Archie's fate.  

Leal and Galloway are both better than Morton and it appeared we stopped recruiting him.  Look I see things in a positive way and you look at things in a negative way so we probably will never see eye to eye on most things.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I’m cautiously optimistic we have a really good year this year and with not many departures during the off season we will be primed to have an excellent year next year.

This is going to work out for everyone.  If our future is predicated on one recruit, we are doomed.  It will be nice to have a constant flow of quality players who bring stability and balance to our program.  I think we all only care about the health of the program and quality on court production.  Dawson may have helped with this, but he wasn't going to be the only way to get there.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Morton was NOT a top 2 target...

You serious Clark? lol

And 2021 will not “decide Archie’s fate”.

You are either a troll or the medication isn’t working.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

CoachSS said on this board he was our #1 target for 2020.

lol.....we stopped recruiting him....fact. I think you must be confusing Mortan with someone else.

Link?

Mortan isn’t a shooter and struggles guarding his position. Can pass and has some handles, but Leal and Galloway are better and play the same position.

Leal, Galloway, Hurt, Garcia, etc where all higher priorities 

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

CoachSS said on this board he was our #1 target for 2020.

He did say that, but very early in the Summer. I think that in the end the guys we got will help us play the way we want to play even more than Morton would have. There are literal hundreds of good basketball players in each grade and I think it comes down to getting some of them, getting the right mix of them, and coaching them well...

IU fans can do more harm than good with recruiting right now, so better to be positive and wish the kids well who went elsewhere and cheer like cray for the kids who committed to IU...

my sense in watching this year's team is that we are close to turning the corner. I know that we haven't played anyone, but I watched us last year the first half of the year when we were 12-2 last year and we were nowhere near as cohesive and didn't play as hard. We were really struggling in some of those games and had to really work to win a couple of them....I wasn't that surprised when the wheels fell off because the injuries were taking they're toll and the team just didn't play together...

This year feels way different to me

34 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wasn’t going to say anything else in this thread but that is total BS!!! Archie’s performance on the court will ultimately decide his fate. Sure if he starts missing on in state recruits it might make performance on the court suffer but we are in plenty good shape the next couple years to win with what we have.

Archived