Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I played a few games there and officiated a few games there. Playing and officiating in front of that massive crowd was so cool. 

Met Oscar Robinson there in 2000 when I went to watch my old HS play in the HOF Classic. I remember watching Zach Randolph play and he was a beast. Remember then later watching Jefferies and him at state finals and it was clear who Mr. Basketball was...just the politics of it lost him too many votes. Guess people were worried about another Kojak Fuller type incident because of Zach’s surroundings. I think with Fullers arrest in 1999 so recent it could have swayed people to go with the squeaky clean Jefferies but maybe others have an opinion.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, 5fouls said:

New Castle got bumped from their perch last year because they were counting capacity if they included temporary seating that is not up, and has not been for years.

The Wigwam is no longer used for high school basketball.

Seymour now officially holds the crown as largest high school basketball arena in use.

The Wigwam will be used again within the next year or so.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Kansas gets knocked down to size maybe IU can take their place in the Champions Classic and rotate Duke and Kentucky. Of course that is after we land Garcia and win the NCAA in 2021!

while seven unicorns fly over assembly hall trailing rainbows out of their arse

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

The death penalty was dealt by hiring Tom Crean. Not the sanctions handed down by the NCAA

7 hours ago, BDB said:

Yes, the IU brass has done a terrific job of keeping IU irrelevant. 

I'll never understand comments like these. Five years after being tasked with starting a roster from scratch, Crean had Indiana ranked first in the country. That's the very opposite of being irrelevant, and something Indiana hadn't achieved since 1993, Cheaney's senior year. Two Big Ten titles and three Sweet Sixteen appearances, outside of Mike Davis's outlier year those are things we also hadn't seen since Knight lost his fastball. It's okay to both recognize that Crean did a lot of good for this program, while also thinking we'd seen his ceiling and Indiana could be even more.

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

I'll never understand comments like these. Five years after being tasked with starting a roster from scratch, Crean had Indiana ranked first in the country. That's the very opposite of being irrelevant, and something Indiana hadn't achieved since 1993, Cheaney's senior year. Two Big Ten titles and three Sweet Sixteen appearances, outside of Mike Davis's outlier year those are things we also hadn't seen since Knight lost his fastball. It's okay to both recognize that Crean did a lot of good for this program, while also thinking we'd seen his ceiling and Indiana could be even more.

So, being ranked #1 one year out of 20 is relevant for a blue blood school?  My post wasn't a knock on Crean, but IU basketball in general the last 20/25 years or so.

Archived