Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

4 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I'll never understand comments like these. Five years after being tasked with starting a roster from scratch, Crean had Indiana ranked first in the country. That's the very opposite of being irrelevant, and something Indiana hadn't achieved since 1993, Cheaney's senior year. Two Big Ten titles and three Sweet Sixteen appearances, outside of Mike Davis's outlier year those are things we also hadn't seen since Knight lost his fastball. It's okay to both recognize that Crean did a lot of good for this program, while also thinking we'd seen his ceiling and Indiana could be even more.

Why did it take so long to build a competent team?  

What followed that 5th year?  What followed his 8th year?  

Crean is a guy that needs to rebuild he doesn’t understand reloading and for the money he was being paid he needed to have a decent team more than 3 out of 9 years

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Not surprising he didn’t pick Purdue. Thought he’d go Xavier though. The preference here was always a big which would be Kalkbrenner or Dickinson. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:50 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel pretty good that we’ll land one of Dickinson or Kalk which would finish off a solid class for us. Either/or would be great IMO. 

Kalk just got a Kansas offer but appears like he’s not going to visit there/consider them this late in the process. 

A8C6C1B9-0813-431A-B4AA-CAA93E02CC58.jpeg

Kalbrenner commits to Creighton.  And then there was one...

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol what’d I say? Dickinson was offered in March of 2018. Kalkbrenner in late June of this year. Dickinson has always been the priority. 

It would be a bigger surprise if Dickinson went to Purdue than Kalk going to Creighton.

If I was a Purdue fan, I would be asking......WTF happen with Kalkbrenner?!?!? 

Creighton wasn't on him that much earlier than Purdue.....and its Creighton.

Kalkbrenner was basically a Purude lock.....

40 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

They could probably sell him on the idea of being a 4 though. I doubt Garcia sees himself as or wants to be a center, so the idea of having 2 highly talented bigs to guard the big guys could be appealing to him. 

It’s not just that they have 2 or 3 front court players that could be back next year from this years roster. He isn’t going to UNC unless something crazy happens. I think it’ll be Marquette or IU at this time. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s not just that they have 2 or 3 front court players that could be back next year from this years roster. He isn’t going to UNC unless something crazy happens. I think it’ll be Marquette or IU at this time. 

2 weeks ago I would  have ranked it as Follows

Leaders: IU and UNC

Next: KU

Others: Marquette

Now I think you are correct with us and Marquette.  I really like our chances

41 minutes ago, JugRox said:

It would be a bigger surprise if Dickinson went to Purdue than Kalk going to Creighton.

If I was a Purdue fan, I would be asking......WTF happen with Kalkbrenner?!?!? 

Creighton wasn't on him that much earlier than Purdue.....and its Creighton.

Kalkbrenner was basically a Purude lock.....

Why would it be a bigger surprise? Purdue has been in strong with Dickinson for over a year. 

And no Kalkbrenner wasn’t a Purdue lock. Heck a month ago everyone thought he was going to Illinois then some thought Kansas here these last few weeks. 

Dont think it’d be a surprise at all if Dickinson goes to Purdue. One of the main guys on rivals has had Dickinson pegged to Purdue since March. 

Why’d he pick Creighton? Who knows. Maybe he likes the smaller school/religious aspect. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why would it be a bigger surprise? Purdue has been in strong with Dickinson for over a year. 

And no Kalkbrenner wasn’t a Purdue lock. Heck a month ago everyone thought he was going to Illinois then some thought Kansas here these last few weeks. 

Dont think it’d be a surprise at all if Dickinson goes to Purdue. One of the main guys on rivals has had Dickinson pegged to Purdue since March. 

Why’d he pick Creighton? Who knows. Maybe he likes the smaller school/religious aspect. 

Kalkbrenner wasn't going to UI as early as June because of a fall out with Mac Irvin. UI stopped recruiting him months ago. And Kansas just offered what....last week? And I don't think anyone is picking Kansas right now.

Dickinson might have Purdue in top 3.....but wouldn't be a surprise at all if he doesnt. maybe not even top 5. Michigan has made a HUGE push. He's been to UofL multiple times and Florida State just got a visit. And that's after Purdue was the perceived leader. Notre Dame was the popular pick at the beginning and they are still hanging around. 

And I know Purdue has a visit coming up. If after the visit there isn't massive positive Purdue news.....

Not getting Kalkbrenner hurts.......

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-north-carolina-ucla-hunter-dickinson

38 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Kalkbrenner wasn't going to UI as early as June because of a fall out with Mac Irvin. UI stopped recruiting him months ago. And Kansas just offered what....last week? And I don't think anyone is picking Kansas right now.

Dickinson might have Purdue in top 3.....but wouldn't be a surprise at all if he doesnt. maybe not even top 5. Michigan has made a HUGE push. He's been to UofL multiple times and Florida State just got a visit. And that's after Purdue was the perceived leader. Notre Dame was the popular pick at the beginning and they are still hanging around. 

And I know Purdue has a visit coming up. If after the visit there isn't massive positive Purdue news.....

Not getting Kalkbrenner hurts.......

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-north-carolina-ucla-hunter-dickinson

That's good intel, neighbor.  Sounds like Dickinson is wiiiiiiide open.  Purdue getting the last visit is a plus for them, but the competition is stiff.  If the choice is Purdue vs. the field, I take the field with Louisville, Florida State, Michigan and Notre Dame all still in play.

46 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's good intel, neighbor.  Sounds like Dickinson is wiiiiiiide open.  Purdue getting the last visit is a plus for them, but the competition is stiff.  If the choice is Purdue vs. the field, I take the field with Louisville, Florida State, Michigan and Notre Dame all still in play.

How many kids we see commit before even taking half their visits? Also didn’t Creightons coach get mentioned in the fbi investigation?? Could explain some things with the other big.

Archived