Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

13 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s been noted before, but it just seems apparent that Archie is executing a strategy with a clear vision of what he wants the team to be. With Crean and Davis it seemed reactionary too often

Seeing how he's putting this team together confirms (to me at least) the first 2 years he was hamstrung by having to keep a few guys he didn't want. I get landing in state 5 star guys but landing a 5 star out of state guy is very, very good for Archie. Hope this happens. Some of the talent/lineups we could have in 2020/21 and 21/22 seasons?? Wow.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m as confident with this one as I was with Brooks...🤦‍♂️.  I would’ve lost a ton of money if I had bet where Brooks was going.  Think we are in great shape.

You will always be good with me.  Going back to the days when you were the first, and only one posting about Sampsongate. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

MMM......One of those things is not like the others.  

Well I’d be worried that perhaps all those high recruits with Penny don’t take off and go pro. I mean they have a ton of top recruits including bigs. If he commits and they stay...he is sitting behind some stars. He starts day 1 here for a very very competitive team in 2020.

48 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I'm officially getting my hopes up.

The last few years have been full of recruitments of guys we get in on late, visit us, we get all excited about, then go somewhere else. This just feels like Lester Quinones, etc all over again.

I understand that completely and have tried not getting my hopes up.  But we have a  legit shot at him

3 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I'm officially getting my hopes up.

The last few years have been full of recruitments of guys we get in on late, visit us, we get all excited about, then go somewhere else. This just feels like Lester Quinones, etc all over again.

Not that we are definitely getting him but we actually have been following and I think offered Garcia before Lester...and Lester is a 2019 kid while Garcia is 2020. While not the first to offer him we’ve been on this kid for awhile. I mean we offered him about the same time as we did Anthony Leal and Trey. Lester was a spring signing that we got in on very very late on but that was because he had a wide open recruitment late in the game and some of his top choices went to other kids. The fact we got down to a finalist with Lester was amazing effort by the staff. Garcia has been in the works about as long as any of our other recruits...it’s a normal recruitment outside the fact that it’s a big one.

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

We need to land him or I consider this recruiting cycle a miss. Can not build a winning program on role players and projects alone. We miss om Garcia and it sets us back a year or two.

Basic truth that hurts.  However, it's only October so there is a little time to recover, though that didn't go well last year.  

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

We need to land him or I consider this recruiting cycle a miss. Can not build a winning program on role players and projects alone. We miss om Garcia and it sets us back a year or two.

Couldn’t disagree more....

Who exactly is the “project”?

sets us back a year or 2? 

4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Eh I don’t know. We will have Brunk and TJD his freshmen year. 

it would be a huge miss and require us to get a stud in 2021. Not sure it sets us back though

4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Finally someone said it. Archie has this season and next to turn this mess around in my mind. He can't miss on any class at this point. I still say we won't pull out of state kids like Garcia, until we start winning on the court. But maybe we get lucky here.

Archived