Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gearing up for a great weekend . We are in a very good place and are in position to seal the deal.  Get it done!!!

Actually had to work today so just catching up. Thanks for this. It's one thing to get in state 5 star guys because of all the factors but to secure a 5 star out of state guy? Vonleh/Bryant type recruits to go with what's coming. As always....I appreciate you guys bringing the info to the board. I get to seem very smart to my relatives and poker group. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

30 Mins ago Jeff Rabjohns tweeted an article that Peegs spent the past two days in Minnesota with Garcia and his family as well as being present for workouts. 

After the Garland fiasco I hesitate in taking in anything as a sign. After Snow was used by Brooks family as a puppet to dispense their information I really pause when anything comes from that crew,

With that said. Spending a couple of days watching a recruit before an official? Hard to not move up in the seat a little. Masterful approach by our staff since July. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

After the Garland fiasco I hesitate in taking in anything as a sign. After Snow was used by Brooks family as a puppet to dispense their information I really pause when anything comes from that crew,

With that said. Spending a couple of days watching a recruit before an official? Hard to not move up in the seat a little. Masterful approach by our staff since July. 

Agree, anymore I remain hesitant especially with the Garland fiasco as well as the Brooks fiasco.  I was even a little hesitant about Romeo to some extent. 

Third times a charm maybe?

30 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Agree, anymore I remain hesitant especially with the Garland fiasco as well as the Brooks fiasco.  I was even a little hesitant about Romeo to some extent. 

Third times a charm maybe?

I have said this many times and will repeat since we have a lot of new people.  I have only been a true insider with 1 of our recruits was with Romeo.  I pass along info that I get that I find very credible. I will only post about recruits when I feel very good about the info. With all that said we are in a great place with Garcia.  I hope we get some intel leaked during the visit. Not expecting a committment on the visit but do with a week based on a message I got last night 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This wasn't the staff watching though. This was a media guy writing a story.

6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This wasn't the staff watching though. This was a media guy writing a story.

Yep. That's my point though. Why would a media guy fly up to Minny on his own company dime when he could ask the same questions in 48 hours when the kid is here on an official visit? Especially a media guy who has been burned before.....and especially a media guy who our head coach referenced a few times last year during speaking events.

Could be off but like I said in original post. Makes me move up in the seat a bit. Will have to catch up later have to try and get some work done today.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. That's my point though. Why would a media guy fly up to Minny on his own company dime when he could ask the same questions in 48 hours when the kid is here on an official visit? Especially a media guy who has been burned before.....and especially a media guy who our head coach referenced a few times last year during speaking events.

Could be off but like I said in original post. Makes me move up in the seat a bit. Will have to catch up later have to try and get some work done today.

I don't share your level of optimism after watching the Peegs guys get jerked around by the Garlands. 

My first thought was that they're actually creating some unique content here to justify the subscription, as opposed to a collection of tweets behind a paywall.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

With our guard targets choosing to go elsewhere, Garcia is the last remaining prospect in the class. Not many other ways for a guy covering basketball recruiting to spend that budget. B|

39 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

With all the walk-ons that keep comming out of nowhere like children of the corn....it wouldnt surprise me.

Living in Iowa, and being surrounded by corn fields, that movie kind of freaked me out back in the mid 80's.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't share your level of optimism after watching the Peegs guys get jerked around by the Garlands. 

My first thought was that they're actually creating some unique content here to justify the subscription, as opposed to a collection of tweets behind a paywall.

I dont listen to anything peegs or rabby say. We have more reliable people on this message board and we do not have to pay them either.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have said this many times and will repeat since we have a lot of new people.  I have only been a true insider with 1 of our recruits was with Romeo.  I pass along info that I get that I find very credible. I will only post about recruits when I feel very good about the info. With all that said we are in a great place with Garcia.  I hope we get some intel leaked during the visit. Not expecting a committment on the visit but do with a week based on a message I got last night 

Who's your source?  How are you connected to the program?  Tell me or I'll keep asking.  :coffee:

I have a good feeling about this one. Just my casual observations, but the wind seems to be blowing south. Wish he would have had a warm sunny weekend for his visit but I'm sure the weather difference between Bloomington and Milwaukee will be pointed out. I hope Dawson is getting excited, looking forward to his visit. I just ask, would you rather see girls in shorts 10 months a year or bundled up in winter coats as the cold winds blow in off Lake Michigan?

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I have a good feeling about this one. Just my casual observations, but the wind seems to be blowing south. Wish he would have had a warm sunny weekend for his visit but I'm sure the weather difference between Bloomington and Milwaukee will be pointed out. I hope Dawson is getting excited, looking forward to his visit. I just ask, would you rather see girls in shorts 10 months a year or bundled up in winter coats as the cold winds blow in off Lake Michigan?

Yes, don't look like a great weather weekend in Bloomington.

Fri. - cloudy 59

Sat. - storms 58

Sun. - Cloudy 59

Archived