Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

What percentage that he pops on the visit and percent on within a week. Just curious to see if we are hearing the same thing.  Just between us Decatur County guys you know

Since I use to be your county neighbor in Rush county I like to know as well.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since I use to be your county neighbor in Rush county I like to know as well.

I really want to hear what @IUwins0708 and @CoachSS are hearing but lots of talk that he will announce within a week of his IU visit. A guy that gets a lot of info through a great AAU source said he would not be surprised if he pops on the visit. All indications is its IU but I still have too many flashbacks from the condiment kid for me to say done deal

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really want to hear what @IUwins0708 and @CoachSS are hearing but lots of talk that he will announce within a week of his IU visit. A guy that gets a lot of info through a great AAU source said he would not be surprised if he pops on the visit. All indications is its IU but I still have too many flashbacks from the condiment kid for me to say done deal

I would think his family would want to go home and talk about it before committing but who knows.  I remember Hartman saying that on the way home from his visit he told his mother to turn the car around because he wanted to let the coaches know he was committing.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think his family would want to go home and talk about it before committing but who knows.  I remember Hartman saying that on the way home from his visit he told his mother to turn the car around because he wanted to let the coaches know he was committing.

I agree but it tells me just how far out in front we are. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree but it tells me just how far out in front we are. 

Sounds great, but I was wondering if you have seen much of his play.  I have watched a few videos but it is hard to tell what type of player he is on those videos.  Do you see him as an instant impact guy like Romeo was or will it take time for him to be really good at the college level.

28 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Interesting.  If that timeline comes to fruition that would mean he would be blowing off his 4th and final official visit to Marquette.  He said on the radio show on Friday that he would visit Marquette after IU but it wasn’t scheduled 👀

22 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Interesting.  If that timeline comes to fruition that would mean he would be blowing off his 4th and final official visit to Marquette.  He said on the radio show on Friday that he would visit Marquette after IU but it wasn’t scheduled 👀

That's the reason I am searching for some validation.  Everyone I talk with says its IU. the time frame is the only thing I am getting conflicting stories on. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not ready to be hurt again after brooks. So I’m just assuming he’s going to Memphis or Marquette until he announces. 

I feel this way as well. Although all this talk from our awesome insider members has me cautiously optimistic. 

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m not ready to be hurt again after brooks. So I’m just assuming he’s going to Memphis or Marquette until he announces. 

I quit watching recruit videos until after they commit to IU years ago.  I come here to see if anyone has committed but try not to get too excited.  

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Haven’t heard a timeline but wouldn’t doubt the week after if he committed.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds great, but I was wondering if you have seen much of his play.  I have watched a few videos but it is hard to tell what type of player he is on those videos.  Do you see him as an instant impact guy like Romeo was or will it take time for him to be really good at the college level.

This is just my opinion from watching a ton of his AAU stuff and the 3 vs 3 world championships but this kid injuries aside will start right away. He is the perfect college stretch 4. Can take is man off the dribble and with some strength and conditioning will develop to hold his own down low. He even has some nice post moves. IMO a perfect compliment to TJD. Can shoot the 3 and put it on the floor. IMO he is more NBA  ready than Trayce because of his skill set. He would have been a 5* I'm certain if he would have not got sick this summer and missed a good portion of the big tournaments. Kid is a difference maker for any program.

Archived