Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My favorite gif on the internet by far lol!!

Anyone get the Cody/Victor combo vibe coming from Garcia/Geronimo? I'm dreaming of the possibilities lol!! Throwing in great leaders and players like Leal and Galloway and this is shaping up to be a special class. Sandwiched in-between Armaan/TJD and hopefully Lander/Kaufman/Furst something special is brewing in Bloomington. This kid in the pic has it exactly right lol!!!

Me too. His "aunt" next to him laughing is a pretty good addition too. 

I get the same vibe. When Geronimo committed, he definitely gave off a Vic vibe, so adding Garcia as Cody certainly feels like a similar combo (even if Cody and Vic weren't in the same class).

Hope Dawson likes hoops history...If he does, he'll find this...

"In 1925, James Naismith himself visited Indiana, to see what enthusiasm his game had inspired among Hoosiers. He watched the state finals among 15,000 screaming fans of Hoosier Hysteria. Later he wrote, "Basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport." 

Yeah...1925...15,000...for a high school game.

Come on, Dawson...be a legend at IU...

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hope Dawson likes hoops history...If he does, he'll find this...

"In 1925, James Naismith himself visited Indiana, to see what enthusiasm his game had inspired among Hoosiers. He watched the state finals among 15,000 screaming fans of Hoosier Hysteria. Later he wrote, "Basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport." 

Yeah...1925...15,000...for a high school game.

Come on, Dawson...be a legend at IU...

Doesn’t Damon’s HS state finals still hold the HS attendance record?

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Doesn’t Damon’s HS state finals still hold the HS attendance record?

That would be hard to beat.  I was there.

For all of his achievements, the two that stand out to me are his record as a player at IU and the fact that he averaged like 30 as a ninth grader.  That's hard to comprehend.

Tell you what. The ideas of the lineups again for next year. Guys/Gals....this is getting very, very interesting. I know nothing is certain but if this happens....I haven't been this excited about the talent on the court in a long, long. mf.....ing long long time. Please let this happen.

The scary part is we have 4-5 top 100 guys sitting there ready to contribute. Franklin, Damezi,  Geronimo, Leal, Galloway.....everyone nationally always said that Archie just needed a bigger platform. Guess we're seeing it develop right before our eyes. 

What I thought was exciting is they even mentioned Garcia even playing the 3 in a big lineup of Garcia, Trayce, and Brunk. Imagine Hunter and Rob with that lineup...that's a huge lineup!! But yes Rob/Armaan/Hunter/Garcia/TJD.....that's an athletic starting 5..and then you would have Geronimo, Anderson, Al, Smith, and the Leal/Galloway combo on the bench. Crazy deep/talented...could easily contend for a B1G championship.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

As was I.  In fact, if you were an unbathed high school girl with greasy hair and a Purdue sweatshirt, you may have been sitting right in front of me.  

.i was the clean cut chubby kid in about row 30 of the BNL student section ...no greasy PU girls around me..😂

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell you what. The ideas of the lineups again for next year. Guys/Gals....this is getting very, very interesting. I know nothing is certain but if this happens....I haven't been this excited about the talent on the court in a long, long. mf.....ing long long time. Please let this happen.

The scary part is we have 4-5 top 100 guys sitting there ready to contribute. Franklin, Damezi,  Geronimo, Leal, Galloway.....everyone nationally always said that Archie just needed a bigger platform. Guess we're seeing it develop right before our eyes. 

he may not be a nostradamus...but RMK said to just be patient and give him time..🤷‍♂️..and he said that a couple years ago.

Archived