Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What I thought was exciting is they even mentioned Garcia even playing the 3 in a big lineup of Garcia, Trayce, and Brunk. Imagine Hunter and Rob with that lineup...that's a huge lineup!! But yes Rob/Armaan/Hunter/Garcia/TJD.....that's an athletic starting 5..and then you would have Geronimo, Anderson, Al, Smith, and the Leal/Galloway combo on the bench. Crazy deep/talented...could easily contend for a B1G championship.

Smith won’t let him take his 3-spot

😁

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Smith won’t let him take his 3-spot

😁

Hey...I like Smith when he is active and playing hard. If he buys in and is willing to play his role...he will be invaluable to us this year and next. He will have the chance to bring energy and athleticism and leadership. He is a smart kid...I hope he sees this as an opportunity to bring things to the team that we lack and take us to the next level. If he pouts and worries about playing time instead of how to help the team then yes...he will suffer.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hey...I like Smith when he is active and playing hard. If he buys in and is willing to play his role...he will be invaluable to us this year and next. He will have the chance to bring energy and athleticism and leadership. He is a smart kid...I hope he sees this as an opportunity to bring things to the team that we lack and take us to the next level. If he pouts and worries about playing time instead of how to help the team then yes...he will suffer.

This was just tongue in cheek on the debate about his position — I think he’s an excellent defender, a good player, and has the potential to have a strong year, as a forward 

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

he may not be a nostradamus...but RMK said to just be patient and give him time..🤷‍♂️..and he said that a couple years ago.

And that is legitimately the first comment he made publicly about IU's coach since he retired from TT, positive or negative. Say what you will about his flaws (he has them, as do we all), but RMK is one of the top 5 tactical coaching minds of all time. Also, he's a straight a shooter as they come. That statement wouldn't have been made if it wasn't his true opinion, and that's a very qualified opinion in this regard.

59 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Apparently there is an article on the athletic where the staff talks about him playing the 3. But I haven’t read it

If he can match up with an opponent defensively and be effective within the flow of the offense, I don't care if they call him a 3, 4, X, - 6, pi, or a square root of 27.

55 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

That looks like an expensive jacket to just wear for one weekend. Looks like more of a long-term investment to me 😀

I think the reference was to the shorter stocky white guy wearing the jersey lol. (I tried to put that as kindly as I can!) Which if that is what our recruits look like coming in then Cliff deserves a raise lol!!!

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think the reference was to the shorter stocky white guy wearing the jersey lol. (I tried to put that as kindly as I can!) Which if that is what our recruits look like coming in then Cliff deserves a raise lol!!!

I don't know...if you look at the blue quilted jacket Dawson is wearing, I think I see The Trident peeking out of the left side...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know...if you look at the blue quilted jacket Dawson is wearing, I think I see The Trident peeking out of the left side...

Ohhh....gotcha!! Good catch. Yes it is! He is also wearing IU athletic pants! You have to go to twitter to see it larger. Also don't think it is blue...just the sheen on the jacket and reflection from the lights. Looks black to me....but yes it's a red IU logo.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ohhh....gotcha!! Good catch. Yes it is! He is also wearing IU athletic pants! You have to go to twitter to see it larger. Also don't think it is blue...just the sheen on the jacket and reflection from the lights. Looks black to me....but yes it's a red IU logo.

I think you're right on the color...the Twitter pic does make it look like it's black...

And if Dawson needs any reenforcement on fandom, all he needs to see is 2 IU fanatics discussing his fashion choice...😁

Archived