Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course when one is dealing with a teenager. All things are subject to change.  However, Dawson is on record of publicly stating prior to his IU OV, that his plan is to commit within 30 days of the visit.  I am not saying he is committing to IU.  Just saying that he currently  does not plan to drag it out to Spring.

I thought he was going to actually sign during early signing period not just commit? 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think he's ours but if he doesn't commit in the next couple days I'd start getting pretty worried.

If he doesn’t commit next week then be a bit worried, but I still would think IU is in front.  Next week it sounds like it’s happening, but he’s a kid and can change his mind.

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

So how are we feeling about this one? Cautiously confident or he’s most likely going elsewhere? Also I know recruiting is fluid and it can change daily. Just throwing it out there. 

If I know our insiders 95% IU'S. 5% may change his mind! I like  our  chances!!  

11 hours ago, IUskim said:

So how are we feeling about this one? Cautiously confident or he’s most likely going elsewhere? Also I know recruiting is fluid and it can change daily. Just throwing it out there. 

I am pretty confident that he will be as Hoosier but I have no info so you can take it for what its worth.

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

As many have said and opined here and elsewhere, it was a big weekend.

Recruits always have a good time. Always. And this didn’t seem any different. There was a lot of attention shown publicly by IU fans both when he was out eating (Buffalouie’s, Little Zagreb’s) and on social media. Even further when he was… out out. He was inundated with positive attention and vibes and the family clearly got a look and understanding of how big IU basketball is.

The relationship with Garcia and Leal, coupled with meeting many of IU’s freshman and sophomores, made quite a difference. The parents were very engaged. Both out at dinners and at practice. They were regularly asking questions to keep learning and learning. The Leal’s, Galloway’s and Garcia’s all sat together to watch practice on Saturday. During this time, Dave Garcia had a lot of questions that seemed to portray a man who was very, very, very interested in what was going on.

To me, the key here: How much of the great weekend will stay once the post-visit buzz wears off? Every kid has a great visit everywhere. And this was no different. It might have even been an amazing visit. But what about it will stay with him once Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday hits? That’s what remains to be seen and many will know later on when he and his Dad communicate to friends, family and a very select few in the media about where they are at.

My belief all along, and this dates back to June or July, was that Marquette and Indiana could be there in the end. I’m confident with what has been said privately that Memphis just isn’t in the plans and Minnesota was never a serious, serious option. Marquette can offer him the Howard usage (he graduates after this season) and they are the closest drive. The staff has been on him the longest.  That is pretty significant in my opinion.

Indiana can offer him one of the hardest-working coaching staffs and teammates who desire to make it to the NBA. Him coming in coupled with the return of most of IU’s team will draw the kind of pre-season hype that is being afforded to many others right now. And, given his ability to face-up, score inside and score outside… Him and TJD (a player he has cited privately as being “a monster”) is intoxicating to think about.

Anyway, not to dovetail. It was a huge visit and one that the staff has had their eyes on for a LONG time. Did they do enough? I honestly think they did. But, I’ll know more… we’ll all know more… sooner than later.

Go Hoosiers. - SS

As always appreciate all the intel @CoachSS

GO Hoosiers!

9 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Recruits always have a good time. Always. And this didn’t seem any different. There was a lot of attention shown publicly by IU fans both when he was out eating (Buffalouie’s, Little Zagreb’s) and on social media. Even further when he was… out out. He was inundated with positive attention and vibes and the family clearly got a look and understanding of how big IU basketball is.

The relationship with Garcia and Leal, coupled with meeting many of IU’s freshman and sophomores, made quite a difference. The parents were very engaged. Both out at dinners and at practice. They were regularly asking questions to keep learning and learning. The Leal’s, Galloway’s and Garcia’s all sat together to watch practice on Saturday. During this time, Dave Garcia had a lot of questions that seemed to portray a man who was very, very, very interested in what was going on.

To me, the key here: How much of the great weekend will stay once the post-visit buzz wears off? Every kid has a great visit everywhere. And this was no different. It might have even been an amazing visit. But what about it will stay with him once Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday hits? That’s what remains to be seen and many will know later on when he and his Dad communicate to friends, family and a very select few in the media about where they are at.

My belief all along, and this dates back to June or July, was that Marquette and Indiana could be there in the end. I’m confident with what has been said privately that Memphis just isn’t in the plans and Minnesota was never a serious, serious option. Marquette can offer him the Howard usage (he graduates after this season) and they are the closest drive. The staff has been on him the longest.  That is pretty significant in my opinion.

Indiana can offer him one of the hardest-working coaching staffs and teammates who desire to make it to the NBA. Him coming in coupled with the return of most of IU’s team will draw the kind of pre-season hype that is being afforded to many others right now. And, given his ability to face-up, score inside and score outside… Him and TJD (a player he has cited privately as being “a monster”) is intoxicating to think about.

Anyway, not to dovetail. It was a huge visit and one that the staff has had their eyes on for a LONG time. Did they do enough? I honestly think they did. But, I’ll know more… we’ll all know more… sooner than later.

Go Hoosiers. - SS

That is why you have strippers for incoming recruits - they will for sure remember the visit for a long time...

JK

Thanks for info CoachSS!

18 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Go Hoosiers. - SS

If you had to put a pick down for the crystal ball would it be IU or Marquette?

I guess it is me looking through my crimson colored glasses but I just don't see how a player would pick Marquette over IU when it comes to basketball.  We have the iconic arena and the tradition when it comes to college basketball. We have great facilities and a young and hungry head coach that seems to be getting his type of players in there.  Also we have one of the most beautiful campuses in the country which Marquette can't even come close to competing  with.

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it is me looking through my crimson colored glasses but I just don't see how a player would pick Marquette over IU when it comes to basketball.  We have the iconic arena and the tradition when it comes to college basketball. We have great facilities and a young and hungry head coach that seems to be getting his type of players in there.  Also we have one of the most beautiful campuses in the country which Marquette can't even come close to competing  with.

And just looking at the college coaching resumes, of the four remaining head coaches , it isn’t really close 

Archived