Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) Wasn't aware of that.

B) If it's true, at least he was self-aware enough that he knew he wouldn't fit in that next higher role.  That lack of self awareness has cost more than one coach. 

Great post.  Self awareness is one of my biggest indicators when dealing with people in the work place.  It's a big weakness for probably more than half the people.  Maybe it's human nature, or it's a cultural or societal problem where we foster it.  But this is a plague in the working world.  The other big one is inability to be appropriate with power.  It intoxicates people and that's a big issue.

If you are self-aware and are fair when you are in the position of power, those are two big factors on the path to prolonged success, IMO.

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Is Garcia the last spot for this class barring any unforeseen transfers?

Archie said at some preseason event (Huber?) that he expects 4-6 players in the 2020 class. So if we land Garcia, that gets us to the floor of the expected class size. Not sure how we would get to 6 players but it sounds like the staff will still be searching for more 2020 recruits regardless of the outcome.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah it does. The paper mill on the south side of town used to be the offender. Not sure if it's still there, but back in the day, one of my uncles was a foreman there. He lived on the North side of town, away from the stench.

Yes I lived there roughly 15 years ago. Two major factors....paper mill (which is closed now) and the Sewage Plant which spewed hydrogen sulfide. So if you smelled rotten eggs or poop lol...you were correct. The city recently fixed or is in the process of replacing the sewage system there...not sure as I haven't been there recently but I think a couple years ago they started the replacement of the raw sewage. So...if someone is saying it smells better they are probably right. Especially if you are from the region...if you are still just passing through...probably still has an odor that will take about as long as a nuclear fall out to go away lol.

17 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Archie said at some preseason event (Huber?) that he expects 4-6 players in the 2020 class. So if we land Garcia, that gets us to the floor of the expected class size. Not sure how we would get to 6 players but it sounds like the staff will still be searching for more 2020 recruits regardless of the outcome.

I believe he said this when we still had Cross and Diarra and a few others besides Garcia on the list. As it stands I don't believe we have anymore 2020 targets...of course unless Lander reclassifies. 4 will likely be the number.

59 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you were planning a trip to enjoy nature in and around Terre Haute, it is relevant.  

There is not much of anything to enjoy in and around Terre Haute. Grew up living around that area. Closest thing would probably be Turkey Run State Park....and that is a safe distance from the smell lol. Many years depending on which way the wind was blowing people weren't sure which was more harmful...the smell from the paper mill and sewage treatment center or a fall out from the Newport Chemical Depot where the army stored it's chemicals for weapons amongst other things lol. Either way people passing by couldn't tell the difference...town smelled of death either way lol.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I believe he said this when we still had Cross and Diarra and a few others besides Garcia on the list. As it stands I don't believe we have anymore 2020 targets...of course unless Lander reclassifies. 4 will likely be the number.

I’d say watch out for the staff to keep an eye out for a late riser or someone that decommits or a coaching change or a grad transfer. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If you land your targets you have time to surf around.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, FKIM01 said:

I think this is the interview referenced earlier...sorry Mile...saw your link after I posted this...

Good watch. Every time Dawson speaks about IU he was smiling big....he seemed very close with Trey and Anthony whom he has roomed with in the past and played against on the AAU circuit and loved the attention from our fanbase! Great positives as he spoke glowingly about everything IU.

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’d say watch out for the staff to keep an eye out for a late riser or someone that decommits or a coaching change or a grad transfer. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If you land your targets you have time to surf around.

I could definitely see that. We did that last year too. Given what our 21 class is shaping up to look like and given what we would have in the 2020 class if we land Garcia outside a point guard it would be hard to see us making any more moves. With Lander, Kaufman, Wesley, and Furst locally plus who Archie has recruited nationally I'd say he is in good shape to go into next year with the 4 we could have and feel confident in 21 that he will fill any holes we might have needs for.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I could definitely see that. We did that last year too. Given what our 21 class is shaping up to look like and given what we would have in the 2020 class if we land Garcia outside a point guard it would be hard to see us making any more moves. With Lander, Kaufman, Wesley, and Furst locally plus who Archie has recruited nationally I'd say he is in good shape to go into next year with the 4 we could have and feel confident in 21 that he will fill any holes we might have needs for.

I feel like we are one year away from the first year where we have balance. No glaring needs (kind of assuming we get garcia) and then we can focus more on adding people who want to be here but who are also aware no spots are just “open.”

On 11/7/2019 at 10:14 AM, Zlinedavid said:

Romeo was the bugle call. 

TJD was the shot across the bow. 

If Archie gets Garcia in the fold, time for battle. 

We all have stuff on message boards but I'm telling you what. This is gold. As I said the other day I've stolen it and am using it. Reactions have been awesome so far. Thanks again!

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We all have stuff on message boards but I'm telling you what. This is gold. As I said the other day I've stolen it and am using it. Reactions have been awesome so far. Thanks again!

Maybe I should copyright it.

Where's Johnny Manziel's former copyright attorney? I'm sure he's not busy.

On there not being any flights listed on the flight tracking websites, lots of planes have their tail numbers blocked from tracking.  Virtually all celebrities who own their own planes have blocked tail numbers and a bunch of charter services are doing the same thing. It would make sense for a charter service that frequently works with schools like IU to do this.  Keeps us nosy fans (and rival coaching staffs) from seeing where they're going.  

Not saying Miller definitely went up there yesterday, but just that its entirely possible that he did and it wouldn't show a flight from Bloomington heading that way.  I didn't see one listed for the day Ostrom was confirmed to be up there either.  

Archived