Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It's November in Milwaukee.  That's considered downright balmy.

Yeah I’d say that was from an earlier visit. Not likely trees with green leaves still in Wisconsin...least not those type of trees. If it was this weekend his parents should sue them for abuse lol!

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I’d say that was from an earlier visit. Not likely trees with green leaves still in Wisconsin...least not those type of trees. If it was this weekend his parents should sue them for abuse lol!

There’s a winter weather advisory for south eastern WI for tonight. So they were leaving hearing about that. I grew up in The Fort and moved to southern WI. You’d think since it isn’t that far north (Northern IN yo Southern WI) that the winter wouldn’t be that much different, you’d think that...and you’d be wrong. This place is nearly unbearable.

6 hours ago, coachv said:

why do you think kids care if penny is breaking the rules? thats money in their pockets

True but there has got to be some fear about what the NCAA might do.  Post season or TV bans could hurt a player's future income.   Recruits hear about those possibilities and I'm sure they hear them from other coaches recruiting them as well.  UNC is a good example.  Ol Roy struggled to land 5 stars for several years because of their cloud 

Go Hoosiers!!!

This recruitment is reminiscent of Cody Z. to me.  I think the Garcias are are taking a serious and thorough approach and will be silent up until his official announcement. 

My tempered optimism is based on reports that his dad seems to really like IU and the friendship with AL & TG seems like a solid plus (his description about IU reminds of what other recruits we missed on said about the schools the chose to play for).  And, we're due to win one of these recruiting battles.

Have no idea if this poster from the Marquette forum is legit, but this is what he said last night:

bradforster

Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/19
« Reply #22593 on: November 10, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »

I just hung up the phone with my friend, an assistant coach at Prior Lake HS, and he says Dawson loves the MU campus.  He also speaks highly of Wojo and his coaching style.  My buddy believes it's down to Marquette and Minnesota.  He'd be surprised if the standout chose Memphis or Indiana.  He will let me know if he hears anything between now and the official announcement.  I look forward to the final decision. 

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Have no idea if this poster from the Marquette forum is legit, but this is what he said last night:

bradforster

I just hung up the phone with my friend, an assistant coach at Prior Lake HS, and he says Dawson loves the MU campus.  He also speaks highly of Wojo and his coaching style.  My buddy believes it's down to Marquette and Minnesota.  He'd be surprised if the standout chose Memphis or Indiana.  He will let me know if he hears anything between now and the official announcement.  I look forward to the final decision. 

I doubt this person knows to much because I don't think he is seriously considering Minnesota.

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

bradforster

Remember all the those Vandy insiders that had inside info that Romeo to Vandy was a done deal because someone told them that was the case. The truth is very few people probably know what he is thinking. Who knows if his coaches even know. I've got a few examples of high school coaches being completley surprised by their players decisions. 

14 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don’t know the Watford’s and if I did it isn’t any of my business.  Regardless, my point is still certainly plausible.

It’s not only plausible, it’s fact.

And, there are plenty of kids out there who aren’t interested in breaking the rules, too.

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

bradforster

the odds of a Marquette fan knowing the assistant at Prior Lake is pretty low - much less a friend. Not saying it's impossible, but apparently that guy hasn't posted on that board in 1.5 years. You'd have to think that if this guy really knew the assistant he would've already made that known, and would have been providing updates the last few months. 

doesn't add up IMO.

On another note, that board is not friendly to outsiders. For boards like that I say grow up, get out of your bubble, get a handle on your insecurities and welcome other points of view (as long as they are being respectful). You don't have to agree with differing points of view, but knowing what they are (in all aspects of life) makes you a better and more well-rounded individual. I for one appreciate respectful posts from other fan bases on HSN - as I know most of us do. One of the hundreds of reasons I stick around. 

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

On another note, that board is not friendly to outsiders. For boards like that I say grow up, get out of your bubble, get a handle on your insecurities and welcome other points of view (as long as they are being respectful). You don't have to agree with differing points of view, but knowing what they are (in all aspects of life) makes you a better and more well-rounded individual. I for one appreciate respectful posts from other fan bases on HSN - as I know most of us do. One of the hundreds of reasons I stick around. 

Tip of the hat to you. Respect.  A predicate, as in basis for CC starting Hoosier Sports Nation in the first place. CC and the gang ( the mods) do a great job of maintaining civility on HSN.  Posters from other boards, as well as fan bases, are always welcome. So long as they abide by our simple rules, and are civil towards our members and mods.

I appreciate your loyalty to HSN. And I am sure CC as well as this gang (the mods) do as well.

14 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

the odds of a Marquette fan knowing the assistant at Prior Lake is pretty low - much less a friend. Not saying it's impossible, but apparently that guy hasn't posted on that board in 1.5 years. You'd have to think that if this guy really knew the assistant he would've already made that known, and would have been providing updates the last few months. 

doesn't add up IMO.

I post on Illinoisloyalty from time to time started during the Wilkes recruitment. They are ok. 

posted on Umhoops they are very cool and a great board. Can’t remember why I started. 

And I have a login for the Purdue board but post there rarely. They attack quickly. But can’t blame them they get a lot of trolls. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

bradforster

I have no idea if that poster is legit or not, but the skeptic in me sees that as the MU version of "our" insiders who were hinting at a possible commitment right after his visit here or their 99% confidence.

1 hour ago, Alishe Dobberstein said:

If Dawson is truly wanting to stay close to home, Marquette or Minnesota would make perfect sense. I think time will tell if Archie or staff continue to visit him in his home. Surely they would not be making the effort if there was no possibility of him committing. 

Marquette is 5 hours from his house. 

Lots of misdirection, but I still feel good.  Nothing on the inside, but I'd almost guarantee he loved the IU campus more than the Marquette campus and I know which school his good friends are going to.  Doesn't make him a lock but no way is IU out of it.  That poster lost all credibility when he said it was between Marquette and Minnesota.  That's just wishful thinking.

Guys, trust me when I say I just got off the phone with a friend of a guy who was sitting outside of Cook Hall when he overheard two random staffers talking about the one person that called a psychic hotline and was told about how said psychic had a vision of a discussion between a random “street preacher” and a passerby who may have said that Garcia was coming to IU and Marquette was a distant 7th place out of 5 schools.

79612F38-2F22-4875-AAEA-62D031B2D264.jpeg

Archived