Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mchenry34 said:

The tweet is actually a reply to a question. The question is, what recruit do you want to see your school land? he's just saying he wants Marquette to get Dawson...not that they did.

Facts facts facts.....let folks run with it for a few more days. haha....seriously gang. I feel good on this one. If not so be it. Archie (once he got the reigns on who he could sign and recruit) has this trajectory pointing squarely up. If we get Garcia we'll be preseason top 10 next year. If we don't.....grad transfers and reclassicfications. Not worried one bit. 

1 minute ago, mchenry34 said:

The tweet is actually a reply to a question. The question is, what recruit do you want to see your school land? he's just saying he wants Marquette to get Dawson...not that they did.

All good. I just like throwing around big words like Shakespearean.

Polycarbonate.

Wiffenpoof.

Marsupial.

All reiterate what I was told.  The coaches are very confident.  That doesn’t mean he’s coming here but they really like our chances.  Of course they did as well for Brooks.  If Dawson goes to Marquette it wasn’t from lack of effort on the staffs part.  They totally killed everything in this recruitment and it couldn’t have gone any better.  Maybe closer to home ends up being a bigger deal, maybe it doesn’t.

2 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Right no punishment handed down from the NCAA.  It was the cloud hanging over the program. There were many that thought something would happen.   You can't tell me opposing coaches fighting over a recruit with Roy didn't bring it up.  Again just look at his lack of 5 star recruits during that time 

And although there hasn't been any major programs hit with post season bans I can think of several that self imposed(so maybe they would have been banned).  Oh and even though UNC got off free from the NCAA they spent over $21 million to defend that mess.

I'd agree the NCAA is pretty worthless with handing down punishments.   And they are in over their heads right now with everything going on.  

As far as Garcia to Memphis...hopefully he just wants to get Penny's autograph before signing with Archie!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

go go garcia

42 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

All reiterate what I was told.  The coaches are very confident.  That doesn’t mean he’s coming here but they really like our chances.  Of course they did as well for Brooks.  If Dawson goes to Marquette it wasn’t from lack of effort on the staffs part.  They totally killed everything in this recruitment and it couldn’t have gone any better.  Maybe closer to home ends up being a bigger deal, maybe it doesn’t.

That’s all you can ask for. We continue to be in these high profile recruits as the program gets stronger we will get more of these.

30 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Well he is 32/35 on picks for 2020 class.

Of course some of those picks could have been 11th hour saving-face picks, I have no idea.

That is likely. I have zero confidence that this guy knows anything. Why would a Duke guy know something when it seems like nobody else does and none of the big time National guys have jumped in with their picks yet?

44 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I can't. My liver would fail in a week.

I grew up in The Fort and moved here and it is ASTONISHING how much more drinking goes on here. 😂 🍺 🍻 

It is hard to fathom how so many bars can exist in just one small town and all thrive. Our town has 16,000 and I swear to you there are AT LEAST a dozen within a square mile of my house.

59 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That is likely. I have zero confidence that this guy knows anything. Why would a Duke guy know something when it seems like nobody else does and none of the big time National guys have jumped in with their picks yet?

I wondered the same thing until another poster reminded us that the Marquette coach is a Duke grad.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I grew up in The Fort and moved here and it is ASTONISHING how much more drinking goes on here. 😂 🍺 🍻 

It is hard to fathom how so many bars can exist in just one small town and all thrive. Our town has 16,000 and I swear to you there are AT LEAST a dozen within a square mile of my house.

Stand up comedian Lewis Black claims that it's so cheap to drink in Wisconsin that even with the plane ticket, drinking for a weekend in Wisconsin is cheaper than drinking for a weekend in New York.

Not a statement I'd question.

Archived