Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

13 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I grew up in The Fort and moved here and it is ASTONISHING how much more drinking goes on here. 😂 🍺 🍻 

It is hard to fathom how so many bars can exist in just one small town and all thrive. Our town has 16,000 and I swear to you there are AT LEAST a dozen within a square mile of my house.

Need a house guest?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I don’t get it either...but I’m not going to let some “experts “ sway me one way or the other until some of the heavy hitters start popping picks like they did with that wildcat who sits on the bench in Lexington.

I guess we need to know the context of their statement, is it their opinion or is it they are hearing this.

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Borzello said Marquette because they’ve been on him the longest. I took it as all his predictions are pure speculation. 

If that is the case then I would not put much into and has anyone who does the crystal ball changed their picks the last couple of days.

Currently there are 3 crystal ball predictions on 247. 2 for Marquette and 1 is cloudy. The cloudy and 1 of the Marquette picks has been in for a few months and those a both Wisconsin guys. The other was the Lykins pick and he's a Duke guy. Nobody else has jumped in with predictions. 

This is a recruitment where nobody really knows and guesses are flying around.  Remember TJD's recruitment where the 247 folks were speculating that MSU was gaining traction when TJD had already signed with IU quietly weeks earlier?  Recruits let out the info that they want to get out, and the savvy ones even use that to mislead.

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

This is a recruitment where nobody really knows and guesses are flying around.  Remember TJD's recruitment where the 247 folks were speculating that MSU was gaining traction when TJD had already signed with IU quietly weeks earlier?  Recruits let out the info that they want to get out, and the savvy ones even use that to mislead.

Bingo!!

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Borzello with ESPN says its Marquette...Corey Evans said Marquette but wouldn’t be surprised if it was IU but he’s going to stick with Marquette...🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

And most of the time they change at the last minute and then say they were right 32/35 times lol

From what I can tell, it sounds like our staff did a great job on this one, and it seems like we have some inherent advantages like friends in the recruiting class, campus, fan base, etc...

That being said, it sounds like too many of the signs are pointing away from IU right now...Perhaps they are just guesses, but we are only a week away from when he said he wanted to announce, and none of the "experts" are guessing IU. Hope I'm wrong and Dawson will meet with the staff one more time and find that distance is worth it in this case...

I think Archie is the right guy with the right demeanor, and is close to having the right staff at IU and with a solid year this year, and a good year next, he will be ready to roll. I am quite optimistic that this year will be 21 or so wins and that we will see an even more connected and coherent team next year....I believe by recruiting class number four we will see that all those who think so positively of Archie and IU but can't pull the trigger (have gotten involved in a lot of important recruitments with families and recruits who think highly of the staff but have not quite closed the deal on some of them), will start to feel more and more comfortable committing....

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me this last week has been like Romeo's recruitment because it seemed like one week it was Vandy and the next it was IU.  It just seems the mood changes every time someone says something good about a certain school.

Let's also not forget the Darius Garland recruitment. Many thought and predicted he was going to IU...including myself. Let's not forget the Jerry Meyer flip-a-roo from us to Vanderbilt 15 minutes before it was announced...

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Borzello with ESPN says its Marquette...Corey Evans said Marquette but wouldn’t be surprised if it was IU but he’s going to stick with Marquette...🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Wow Evans is really going out on a limb. Its this school but it might also be this school!! Talk about a connected guy.

Like a few have said, don't look into the "crystal ball" picks too much on this one (at this time). These guys are paid to give opinions and such, and with this recruitment being about over, they're just trying to throw something out there.

With that being said, I think this recruitment is neck and neck, more so than what some may think.

10 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

If I am correct the declare week started today through the 20th. Does anyone know how he plans on announcing? Twitter or will there be some kind of official time and day to announce?

Plan is to announce on the 20th. As for how I would assume a twitter post or something but nothing has been announced yet. 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Prior Lake hosted a signing ceremony this AM for a teammate going to N Dakota. Wouldn’t be surprised to see something similar, but who knows 

FA744AEB-C7CD-4D60-8040-6AA8E9950C4E.jpeg.70671c0c5388c7fb420d493d228024f3.jpeg

That is very likely. I was just saying that I don't know if Dawson is one that will want it streamed by someone. He seems to me more like he will announce it and it will be posted by himself or someone else on twitter. 

Archived