Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

42 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Signs as in? 2 crystal ball picks from guys who 100% have no clue about the recruitment? The 'Crystal Ball" picks mean nothing until the last 24 hours or so (aka when everything gets leaked prior to the committment). 

Nothing new has come out since his official to IU. 

I understand your criticism...and you're right that crystal ball picks sway in the wind. I guess I just keep thinking that if those picks had been FOR IU then we would have embraced them fully...

I would love to be wrong about Dawson. I kept thinking last night about how different the floor would look with him on it...Every time the ball was reversed at the top of the key through what ever big had stepped out, I just kept thinking about how different it would be to have Dawson catch it there and be a threat to shoot....

If we don't get Dawson we will just have to hope that Race and Justin continue to improve their shooting and can be a credible threat in similar situations in order to keep the floor spread.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ephul said:

Like a few have said, don't look into the "crystal ball" picks too much on this one (at this time). These guys are paid to give opinions and such, and with this recruitment being about over, they're just trying to throw something out there.

With that being said, I think this recruitment is neck and neck, more so than what some may think.

Could be.  I've felt good about this recruit for awhile but you can never discount that last visit...

Still optimistic, but I'm just as optimistic that IU is rounding the corner on sustained success either way.  It just comes faster with kids like Dawson Garcia.

4 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Nothing to do here but ice fish and drink...usually both together 😂 

The former minister at our church was hilarious.   He grew up in the Dakotas and then went to high school in Wisconsin.   This was what he described as "Scott BC"

He and his buddies would buy a keg and go ice fishing.   On a good day a pole might hit the water.

Dawson said in the Tipton edits interview that Archie was going to come see him one more time before his commitment.. that dead period ends this weekend and we have a game Saturday.. I think Archie will be heading up Sunday if I had to guess, but if it’s not reported that Archie did a in-home visit than I think we can assume Garcia called him to tell him he’s not coming.. they’re not going to make Archie fly all the way up to Minnesota just to tell him he’s not coming.. if he does end up going up and it’s reported than I think we have a very solid chance. That is going to be the main indicator. I hope Archie is ready to close on this one. We need Dawson.. especially if TDJ has a good year and leaves after one and De’Ron graduating.. leaves us with Brunk at 6’11.. and next tallest big is Race at 6’8... so Dawson is a MUST get in my opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Dawson said in the Tipton edits interview that Archie was going to come see him one more time before his commitment.. that dead period ends this weekend and we have a game Saturday.. I think Archie will be heading up Sunday if I had to guess, but if it’s not reported that Archie did a in-home visit than I think we can assume Garcia called him to tell him he’s not coming.. they’re not going to make Archie fly all the way up to Minnesota just to tell him he’s not coming.. if he does end up going up and it’s reported than I think we have a very solid chance. That is going to be the main indicator. I hope Archie is ready to close on this one. We need Dawson.. especially if TDJ has a good year and leaves after one and De’Ron graduating.. leaves us with Brunk at 6’11.. and next tallest big is Race at 6’8... so Dawson is a MUST get in my opinion. 

I agree. No pressure or anything...if we don’t add him we need to find a solid big still in this class IMO.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Jerry likes to make his pick on who wins the hand when a guy has quad Aces and the other guy hasn't turned his cards yet. 

A few years ago at the World Series of Poker, a dude went bust holding quad aces.  The other guy had a Royal Flush.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A few years ago at the World Series of Poker, a dude went bust holding quad aces.  The other guy had a Royal Flush.

Remember it well. Guy tried to hide his trips and didn't bet appropriately. That would be the one in 52 or what less than .3% odds?? Just guessing.

2 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

You could argue the exact opposite too, though. If he doesn’t go it could be because the decision was made for IU and the Marquette visit confirmed that, so no need for Archie to make the trip. But if he does go it’s because he’s leaning Marquette but giving Archie one last chance. 

Just saying that Archie making or not making the trip definitely means something, but we won’t know what until the decision is announced. 

Archived