Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

40 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Hopefully Dawson is watching the start of this Marquette and Purdue game. 9-0 run for Purdue.

I honestly believe that he’s being sold that he’ll be “the man” at Marquette. Outside of Howard and McEwen, that team is pretty bad. A lot of usage available next year after Howard leaves. If that is what he is looking for then the choice of schools is obvious. We will be a much better team than Marquette next year. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DocHoosier said:

Anyone else watching Marquette?? Very uninspiring style of play. I predict Woj will be out of a job within two years

Turdue even less inspiring...🤣🤣🤣

That was like watching Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder playing tennis.  Just a fugly game...terrible shooting on both sides.

I predict the idiots at GBI take solace in giving Marquette a little push in the Garcia sweepstakes, but if I'm Garcia watching this game, I'm watching two very mediocre teams and leaning away from Milwaukee, cold winters and terrible outside shooters to help create space.

9 hours ago, MPM said:

I honestly believe that he’s being sold that he’ll be “the man” at Marquette. Outside of Howard and McEwen, that team is pretty bad. A lot of usage available next year after Howard leaves. If that is what he is looking for then the choice of schools is obvious. We will be a much better team than Marquette next year. 

They have been telling him he'll be getting most of Howard's shots. Now the reality is that isn't likely because of the way that Howard gets his shots. He creates the vast majority the way Garcia just won't be able to. On a side note Howard gets away with a lot of offensive fouls. 

10 hours ago, MPM said:

From what I have read I don't know if Dawson is the type of person who cares about getting all the shots.  I guess if that is what they are selling he has to decide is that what he wants or would he want to be part of a program that looks to be going into the right direction

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Turdue even less inspiring...🤣🤣🤣

That was like watching Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder playing tennis.  Just a fugly game...terrible shooting on both sides.

I predict the idiots at GBI take solace in giving Marquette a little push in the Garcia sweepstakes, but if I'm Garcia watching this game, I'm watching two very mediocre teams and leaning away from Milwaukee, cold winters and terrible outside shooters to help create space.

Actually, watching Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder play tennis would be pretty damn hilarious. That game on the other hand, was just ugly.

10 hours ago, MPM said:

Even trying to set aside the Crimson colored glasses. If it's purely a basketball decision, IU seems like an easy choice. With Brunk and TJD, Garcia won't be asked to play in the interior against B1G bruisers at 6"11, 220. He would be deadly in the high post and in the corners. He would have a Junior Rob P feeding him. I just don't think Marquette will have anything close to that his freshman year.

Then you throw in the intangibles of the chemistry with Leal and Galloway...

But, if geography or a Jesuit education is more important to him and his family, then it will be Marquette. We'll all know by 11/20.

IU losing a little momentum because of the Jesuit factor but no time to panic “yet” over it.  Archie is scheduled to go see him this weekend, Sunday I believe.  Hopefully he can continue to get positive things from the family.  The family absolutely loves IUs fans by the way.  We’re blown away when they arrived by how many people knew Dawson.

edit: I shouldn’t say losing momentum but it’s a factor.  How big of a one I don’t know.

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

IU losing a little momentum because of the Jesuit factor but no time to panic “yet” over it.  Archie is scheduled to go see him this weekend, Sunday I believe.  Hopefully he can continue to get positive things from the family.  The family absolutely loves IUs fans by the way.  We’re blown away when they arrived by how many people knew Dawson.

edit: I shouldn’t say losing momentum but it’s a factor.  How big of a one I don’t know.

If Archie is seeing him Sunday, that would be huge. 

31 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Do you see this visit on Sunday as a last ditch effort to persuade him or do you think it is a positive sign.  I remember with Cody that Roy Williams came in at the last minute but it did no good.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you see this visit on Sunday as a last ditch effort to persuade him or do you think it is a positive sign.  I remember with Cody that Roy Williams came in at the last minute but it did no good.

I know I'm not who you asked, but FWIW, since this was being teed up by Ostrom prior to the Marquette visit, it certainly doesn't feel like a last ditch effort. Seems to be part of the process as we get close to the end. I'm purely speculating, but I'm guessing its a really close call for Garcia.

44 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well if all we need is a little Jesuit influence let's get Alan Henderson and him on the phone together. He went to Brebeuf Jesuit. haha....

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

CAM is just getting the Letter Of Intent signed in person so he can protect it to allow Garcia to announce it his way on his schedule, like TJD. :coffee:

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I know I'm not who you asked, but FWIW, since this was being teed up by Ostrom prior to the Marquette visit, it certainly doesn't feel like a last ditch effort. Seems to be part of the process as we get close to the end. I'm purely speculating, but I'm guessing its a really close call for Garcia.

I would see it the same way. They wanted or were willing to meet with Archie again before final decision before going to Marquette so they’re interested IMO, to hear out his final thoughts before final decision.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I would see it the same way. They wanted or were willing to meet with Archie again before final decision before going to Marquette so they’re interested IMO, to hear out his final thoughts before final decision.

It makes you wonder what any coach can say now that has not already been said at this point

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

tenor (1).gif

Archived