Jerome Hunter

Hoosier98

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t think it’s been official yet.  I’ve heard he was coming back in January but he had a minor set back and it scared the medical staff a bit.  They are being (and rightfully so) very protective of him.  He’s an NBA player, he’d be starting on this team.

Praying for the kid. He would be a perfect 6th man right now...even for 10-15 mins a game. Instant scoring off the bench and a nice sub for Justin.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Seeing as we have only this year with Romeo and Juwan:  if Hunter can go and wants to burn the eligibility to make a run in March... you let him play.  That is a big if and wishful thinking, of course.  

If he's in shape.  I doubt he's anywhere near basketball shape.

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Man, before the season I was sooooooo looking forward to Romeo and Jerome on the wings together at the same time.  That was a big driver of my preseason optimism. 

We lack a little juice as it is now.  

Once we had one of our insiders say (back in September I believe) how good he looked I can definitely say I was in the same category. Given what's happened just happy to see him back on the court. 

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Once we had one of our insiders say (back in September I believe) how good he looked I can definitely say I was in the same category. Given what's happened just happy to see him back on the court. 

Exactamundo. And I recall someone had intel that Romeo called Mr Langford and told him that Jerome is really good.  When an elite player says it, more often than not, that carries extra weight with me (because they have high standards and see the floor from an expert’s point of view).

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Exactamundo. And I recall someone had intel that Romeo called Mr Langford and told him that Jerome is really good.  When an elite player says it, more often than not, that carries extra weight with me (because they have high standards and see the floor from an expert’s point of view).

Not looking good to just a fan, but also to Coach Miller, as Coach awarded Jerome with the Gold Jersey, in week four of practice.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Talked with DeRon this morning,,who is in a boot but will play tonight. DeRon said J.Hunter is practicing a little bit but will probably red shirt.

I just got off the phone with DeRon.  He wants to know why you always have binoculars hanging from your neck and feels that you are stalking him.

Good info seriously.

Jerome is an interesting one, to say the least.  If he gets into game shape, and that is a big IF.  To be honest, it might be the most unique situation I have ever witnessed.  

The silver lining on his anticipated redshirt is that we'll have a very good player and shooter returning next season, a year older and with the growth that comes with being with the team and practicing and weight training, to go with the strong class of incoming guys and the other returning players. I expect Romeo to go pro, but with Hunter, that's a big help to bridge the gap.

Archived