Jerome Hunter

Hoosier98

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

If the lower leg condition is indeed deep vein thrombosis (DVT) as has been hypothesized, then the medication in question is likely anti-coagulant (ie blood thinner). This is important because it would explain the NON-contact setting of his clearance. Any type of contact could lead to serious bleeding side effect of the medication. 

Most first time unprovoked DVTs are treated with anti-coagulation for 6-9 months. This would put timeline for return to contact during the summer assuming no setbacks. 

Really pulling for the best for Jerome and love his energy on the sideline!

I'm not a doctor as you are, but I've got more than one back channel confirmation from folks I consider "insiders" to peg the probability of a DVT (or DVTs) at 99%+.  I've heard nothing credible that would leave me to believe it was anything else.  Likely never confirmed, but at this point, all that matters is that Jerome makes next year's incoming class a TON better.  Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw where Brandon Ingram of the Lakers had the same type of problem with his arm that Hunter had in his leg or I guess the condition we think Hunter had.  It is said that Ingram should have a full recovery within 3 to 4 months so hopefully Hunter should be ready next year.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw where Brandon Ingram of the Lakers had the same type of problem with his arm that Hunter had in his leg or I guess the condition we think Hunter had.  It is said that Ingram should have a full recovery within 3 to 4 months so hopefully Hunter should be ready next year.

Alternatively, it ended Chris Bosh's career. Granted his issue was in his lungs, but clots can cause the same amount of damage no matter where they start.

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Alternatively, it ended Chris Bosh's career. Granted his issue was in his lungs, but clots can cause the same amount of damage no matter where they start.

The story at espn.com specifically says that Ingram's clot is common among athletes that make repeated arm motions over their head, and is NOT like Bosh's clots, which were caused by an issue with his blood.  Assuming Hunter's issue was clots, it sounds like his would also be an issue with his blood, which is much more serious, and not the common, more easily treated type.

Kids go to Assembly Hall to get work done. And I appreciate that and the ones who capture the pics. But... my question is.  What about the guys that go to Cook Hall that have 24/7 access ?  They deserve as much or more credit for working on their game, behind the scenes.   Don't tell me they don't. I know of one who has spent time in Cook Hall working on....... his free throws.

Archived