Jacksonville post game/ Juwan with the triple double!

Drroogh

Maybe just me but I always felt like all the borderline guys we had struggling with going to pros or returning to college went ahead and went to the pros. On the flip side of that it always seemed like Wisconsin guys stuck around that one extra year.....and you can see the success their program had. Imagine the injuries we've had and not having Juwan Morgan on this team? Besides adding Romeo....keeping Juwan this one extra year is the 2nd best recruiting job Archie's done. 

Some great points here from ITH:

As our Seth Tow pointed out on Twitter, tonight’s win caps off Indiana’s first time in five years it finished non-conference play without a KenPom sub-100 loss and the first time it’s gone undefeated in December since the 2007-2008 season. The Hoosiers were a point blank De’Ron Davis tip-in away from re-entering Big Ten play with just one blemish on their win-loss record, the shellacking at the hands of Duke in Durham.

There’s been some griping about the incompleteness of this team, that it hasn’t quite fired on all cylinders. The slow, sloppy starts have been maddening. But there’s a strong, solid foundation to this team in the second year of the Archie Miller that’s readily apparent. They find a way to win. They play for each other.

This much is true as Indiana heads back to conference play: The Hoosiers are a tough out and there’s still room to grow still.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Another amazing stat for Juwan.  Since the Louisville game, where he missed two 2 point shots.... He has not missed a 2 point shot in the following three games.

Juwan Morgan 2018-19 Game Log 

Wow.  As quoted in Seeking's post, we'd be in big trouble if Juwan had gone pro this year (particularly with all the injuries).  Also, I can say with almost 100% confidence that this team would NOT  lose to the IUPFW/ISU teams like the last two seasons - I don't think the games would even be that close.  Juwan is simply playing consistently smart basketball and will leave some massive shoes to be filled when this season is over.  Also, I think he's definitely shown significant improvement that should really enhance his NBA desirability - coming back for his senior season was probably a very good decision on his part.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Happy for Juwan. Also happy for 30 point win. Get the kids home which had to be on their mind all week. Send them home and see them next Thursday for practice. Pretty successful nonconference schedule. 1 loss we thought. 1 loss out of potentially 3-4. All the while averaging 3-5 guys in street clothes every game. Time away. Enjoy their friends and families. 

Agree....  The only thing I would add is......

GET HEALTHY!!!!!!!

I have a question about when the kids go home can the school pay for their way hoe or does the family have to pay for it.  I think of kids like Davis who lives a long way from home and have to fly home can he school pay for that expense.  If they can't then this is one of the places where I think the NCAA should implement to help the families out.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have a question about when the kids go home can the school pay for their way hoe or does the family have to pay for it.  I think of kids like Davis who lives a long way from home and have to fly home can he school pay for that expense.  If they can't then this is one of the places where I think the NCAA should implement to help the families out.

I'm thinking Mile will take care of Davis????  9_9

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In 2015, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals of the U.S. Court ruled that there should be no ceiling on stipends schools are allowed to give to scholarship players.  To include travel to and from home. So.. it is entirely possible that IU could be paying for roundtrip travel for De'Ron from Indiana to Colorado and back again.

NCAA athletes get no big contract, but some pay

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not sure about IU, but UK allows their players to drive their Escalade home if they want. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm thinking Mile will take care of Davis????  9_9

I don't know the last time De'Ron made it home to Colorado.  Knowing he stayed in B-town all of last summer to rehab from his devastating injury. Often guys who live off campus tend to stay in town during holidays. Keep in mind our men have 24/7 access to Cook Hall. Would not be surprised that some opt to work on their game and take advantage of a 12 game layoff. Crean used to invite guys who stayed in B-town, over to his house for the holidays. Haven't heard if Archie does the same thing.   WIth things like Skype, etc... there sure are many ways to continue to remain in contact with home.  Having said all that,it would be nice if he were able to make it back home.  And De'Ron would be welcome in my house any time.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't Louisville just get into some hot water for paying for the players hoes?   😎

Archived