"WISH LIST", What would make your IU football gameday experience better?

Artesian_86

These are not my ideas, but they were so good, I had to steal them and post for everyone to see.

Some things that should be obvious, but apparently not:
-Make WiFi available to all
-Post Big Ten & top 25 scores regularly throughout the game.
-Display accurate game stats during time outs or reviews
-Fix the video board so that 30% of the space is not advertising
-Broadcast the audio from Fish under the stands so people can hear it
-Install 60” (or larger) TVs at concession stands and around the under stands areas. (I have a bigger TV in my kitchen than what is used in MS.)
-Intellegent alcohol sales
-Build and open full service Varsity Shop type stores on both East & West side.
-Price tickets like a program that has 30,000 - 40,000 people at games and an inventory of 15,000 unsold tickets.
-More help at security checks
-Improve traffic plan, post signs and follow the same plan every game.

-Post clear bag policy signs on roads approaching MS and in remote lots.
-Improve traffic control / lane control out of parking lots

-Establish standards for tailgaters that do not take up multiple spots or block traffic.
-Get rid of much of the neon advertising in the stadium and sell tickets instead to earn that revenue.
-For God’s sake, don’t run out of popcorn at halftime. (Or other concessions like cold bottled water on hot days).

2 hours ago, rico said:

A win....just a win.

That was my first answer. Second would be somehow making sure all visiting fans are in their designated section. There are some VERY dumb fans that find themselves in our section. 

The best fix for it would be to go back to my first answer and win. 

They should be able to easily cut a deal with Smithville to get WiFi to all at the game.  Use that sponsorship for more than just a sign.

Smart alcohol sales would be a great touch.

All year I asked why they didn’t do more scores and stats on the board during the game, made no sense.

I am super tired of other teams fans sitting around me in my season ticket area.  Some schools fans are so bad it’s unbearable.

Love Bens pretzels at games and many times they ran out of dips or you had to wait for more pretzels at games.  If IU was also running out of popcorn just terrible.  Popcorn is such massive margin you can pop plenty and not be at risk.

I don’t really have a problem getting into the games.  Pro tip, the north and south gates go way faster and less crowded IMO.

I am not sure I have a ticket pricing issue.  I think winning will fill seats more than price drops.  The package deals with food are something I like though.

You guys hit on all of my top wishes and Arty gave me a couple of new wishes to wish for Thanks Artesian!!! :)

For my personal game day experience, a  David Bell commitment on the 5th to add some extra WOW!!! to the Offense for the next few seasons.I sure don't want any of "the bad guys' teams) to get him on an opppsing sideline! 

21 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

You guys hit on all of my top wishes and Arty gave me a couple of new wishes to wish for Thanks Artesian!!! :)

For my personal game day experience, a  David Bell commitment on the 5th to add some extra WOW!!! to the Offense for the next few seasons.I sure don't want any of "the bad guys' teams) to get him on an opppsing sideline! 

You are welcome jblaz13....I can't take credit though, ... I was just sharing some good ideas from someone else. 

What I can't stand though, is when opposing team fans come in and act like total douche bags, ....show zero respect as visitors while tailgating and while sitting among IU fans.

The worst incident I saw this year was between 3 cocky, Maryland douchers' and 1 idiot, even bigger, doucher IU fan.....

The 3 Maryland fans were showing off and cheering extra loud every time their team did something good. They were all half lit. Their energy and enthusiasm had quickly dwindled to nothing deep into the 2nd half. This one bigger douche of an IU fan would not let it die. For the last half of the game he was yelling, cursing, compairing both football programs, then the basketball programs and on and on and on...I was totally embarrassed as an IU fan. One older male IU fan finally stood up and told him..."You have to show them that IU fans have class and we don't have to act that way!"..."Besides, look at all these young kids around listening to your cursing....You have to be bigger than that!"

He stopped for about 1/2 quarter, then he was back at it. IU Fans had enough and cleared out that whole section and found new seats....

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

You are welcome jblaz13....I can't take credit though, ... I was just sharing some good ideas from someone else. 

What I can't stand though, is when opposing team fans come in and act like total douche bags, ....show zero respect as visitors while tailgating and while sitting among IU fans.

The worst incident I saw this year was between 3 cocky, Maryland douchers' and 1 idiot, even bigger, doucher IU fan.....

The 3 Maryland fans were showing off and cheering extra loud every time their team did something good. They were all half lit. Their energy and enthusiasm had quickly dwindled to nothing deep into the 2nd half. This one bigger douche of an IU fan would not let it die. For the last half of the game he was yelling, cursing, compairing both football programs, then the basketball programs and on and on and on...I was totally embarrassed as an IU fan. One older male IU fan finally stood up and told him..."You have to show them that IU fans have class and we don't have to act that way!"..."Besides, look at all these young kids around listening to your cursing....You have to be bigger than that!"

He stopped for about 1/2 quarter, then he was back at it. IU Fans had enough and cleared out that whole section and found new seats....

Really sad that an IU fan would act like that... considering our lack of football pedigree especially.

What is equally sad is that there were enough empty seats that a section could clear out and find new spots to sit 

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

That's rough. The worst one I had may have been PU. The 2 fans behind me talked the entire game and didn't seem to know anything about football. They complained that the band was too small, but the Marching Hundred had more than 100. It was painful. 

I thought I was going to see something similar to what you did with Maryland. There were 2 fans that were pretty loud. One went over and sat with an IU fan pretty early. He stayed the whole game. The guy he was with said he wasn't surprised. It ended up being pretty funny. 

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yes.I just caught that.Thanks for the share still.I hadnt thought much at all of the other less mentioned ideas they had shared in regards to the stadium operations outside of ticket prices and perhaps better presentation of the program.

I've whined a little about them replacing Knothole "Park" , myself but only because my child loved running and playing ball with the other kids.That helped me get to see more of the games themselves when I had attended prior to this year.

Sad reading about any negative experiences, and especially  those of IU fan behavior playing any role at all in detracting from your  own enjoyment or that of others here..

Archived