Devonte has the Gold Jersey

KDB

Thanks KDB.

Devonte,  despite his distractors...has shown me something in Rob P.'s absence. Call it stepping up to the pump, if you will.  Plse don't hold me to the exact stats. But in Rob's absence, I believe Devonte has gone something like 11 assists vs just 3 T.O's.  Seems to me, he is finally maturing, and understanding winning basketball.  Tremendous athlete, who  finally (I hope) is toning it down, as he is realizing that every play does not have to be a top 10 of the night. 

So ..... I applaud Devonte, in garnering the gold jersey. All that tells me, is that he is working as hard or harder in practice, than he has been in  game time in Rob P's absence.

I am happy for him.  I expect to see much more of the good Devante from this point forward.  He, IMHO, is finally getting it.

For all of the negative things that have been said about him, I'm still a huge fan of Green.  I know he makes some plays that just make you shake your head, but I think some of his mistakes have come from trying not to make mistakes, if that makes any sense.  Where he is thinking about things too much and not just playing and being fluid with his game.  He looks like he is getting close, but if he can find that sweet spot between making plays the way he is capable of and making safe/smart plays...he's guna be dangerous!

Archived