Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Leathernecks

DaQuon Green

Florida WR is transferring.  There's an article on 247 that the headline says he plans on transferring to the B1G, but it is a premium article so I don't know anything past the headline.  He is a former teammate of Penix, so I would guess we have a really good shot here.

He was a 4* prospect coming out of high school, so it looks like he'd be a huge get for us.  Scroll down on his profile and it shows the headline of the article about going to the B1G.

Edited by Leathernecks
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Thread on the rivals site that claims Green is friends with Penix and that someone even claims that he is coming to IU.  We shall see.

I saw that too.  I don't know anything about the posters there or how reputable that poster is, so I wasn't sure about it.  Hopefully they're right!

• Like 1

This kid sounds really good.  He might have a good situation at IU in a year with Hale and Westbrook moving on.  We need to get some more next gen receivers in place.

• Like 1

I Googled "Daquon Green Indiana" and there were a couple headlines of premium articles and boards that said that Green has submitted his transcript to begin the process of transferring to Indiana.

That was a few days ago...did I miss something? I didn't know it was that official yet, but great news!

• Like 1

Any update on Daquon?  If he chooses to transfer to IU, what is the likelihood that he can play this upcoming season?  Would he have to sit 1 year I'm assuming?

New OC, Tuttle, and Green with the returning and incoming talent could change the offense really quick.

I am guessing there were some academic issues here. But something happened yesterday based on his tweets from yesterday like, "It's a dirty world out here..." 

Edited by OGIUAndy