DeBord Retiring

FKIM01

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You just sound like a bitter old man and why do you care about IU football since your son is no longer here.

So, ok. Well my mother side of the family has been around there forever and some of the Crane family has followed IU for a long time.

As far as bitter, not towards the school. I would have helped pay to remove deborge because of the way he handled the players. Like I said, we lost players because of him. As far as old, well, maybe I did get old somewhere along the way. Damn sure feels like it in the morning sometimes. 

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You just sound like a bitter old man and why do you care about IU football since your son is no longer here.

Hey, the good news is that football historians can finally get the Rutgers vs Princeton offensive game plan from him for the very first college football game ever played. Lol

Joking aside, between this and the DC, this is a huge change for the program and great news. Get a high profile OC and let both do their job, this is bigger than if they had fired Allen. This will have immediate impact. The only thing that would make this better is if they did go get Applewhite. 

13 hours ago, Payday said:

Joking aside, between this and the DC, this is a huge change for the program and great news. Get a high profile OC and let both do their job, this is bigger than if they had fired Allen. This will have immediate impact. The only thing that would make this better is if they did go get Applewhite. 

Applewhite has baggage that I don't much care for.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Applewhite has baggage that I don't much care for.

He does have some. I’m just hopeful we go out and get a superstar OC. Allen is a simpleton coaching but he is a good guy and if he had top notch coordinators this program could get real exciting.

9 minutes ago, Payday said:

He does have some. I’m just hopeful we go out and get a superstar OC. Allen is a simpleton coaching but he is a good guy and if he had top notch coordinators this program could get real exciting.

The hell with exciting...I want to win!!!!!  LOL

2 hours ago, Payday said:

Even when you say something good about the program, you still have to take an unnecessary shot at Allen by calling him a simpleton. I like some of your posts, but the cheap shots because you don't like him are tiresome and unwarranted.

Fingers crossed, this is a great opportunity for IU to snag somebody.   Allen has commented before that, as a defensive guy, he knows what kind of offensive principles keep him up at night that he has trouble stopping.  So, I think Allen is going to go for somebody who will pressure the defense.  Tough, physical running with downfield passing is a good combo to me.  I like horizontal concepts but not at the expense of the TE.  

I hope we get somebody who can expand on our recruiting opportunities.    

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Even when you say something good about the program, you still have to take an unnecessary shot at Allen by calling him a simpleton. I like some of your posts, but the cheap shots because you don't like him are tiresome and unwarranted.

If you got to know him you would understand. However, I will try to lighten up. With the hiring of a DC and an OC coming, we should be in good shape snd Allen has taken himself out of the direct fire. These moves should have happened when first hired. 

2 minutes ago, Payday said:

If you got to know him you would understand. However, I will try to lighten up. With the hiring of a DC and an OC coming, we should be in good shape snd Allen has taken himself out of the direct fire. These moves should have happened when first hired. 

Thanks! I do appreciate your contributions and the insight that you provide.

I agree he probably should have done this before, but I think a sign of a good leader is being able to adapt and work on their weeknesses.

Also, with the defense, maybe he didn't have anybody he could trust to run it the right way and waited until he had Wommack in the right place. I'm happy we hired him to be DC.

The talent is coming in, so if he gets this hire right, he could really set us up for some good years. I'm just glad we won't have to see as many 1st down runs up the middle and 3 yard passes on 3rd and 9!

Archived