New OC - Kalen DeBoer

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Come on some of you guys seem to be plugged into all the latest scoop. So who are we talking to for OC! I would think the team is working out and having meetings. I would think you would want the OC around to learn who he has . 

Allen was at New Palestine high school today so maybe he was talking to their HC.  They did have the most prolifc offense in the state the last few years but I doubt it would be a high school coach.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Come on some of you guys seem to be plugged into all the latest scoop. So who are we talking to for OC! I would think the team is working out and having meetings. I would think you would want the OC around to learn who he has . 

nm

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Allen was at New Palestine high school today so maybe he was talking to their HC.  They did have the most prolifc offense in the state the last few years but I doubt it would be a high school coach.

I think hiring a high school coach would be a disaster. 

41 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s looking like the next target might be Seen Gleason the OC/QB coach at Princeton. Mike Miller and Hoosier Huddle are now following him on twitter. 

I only had time to read into him a little bit, but I think that would be a really good hire.  Found an article from Miami where they'd be happy with him as their OC, so that seems like a good endorsement to me!

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It’s looking like the next target might be Seen Gleason the OC/QB coach at Princeton. Mike Miller and Hoosier Huddle are now following him on twitter. 

Looked up Princeton's stats and they look pretty good. Averaged 47 points a game with two games of scoring 66.  they only scored under 30 points twice with games of 14 and 29.  They had 2955 yards rushing and 2413 yards passing for the year with an average of 536 yards per game.

5 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I knew nothing about Sean Gleeson before today. But ready all the info being posted here, gives a me good feeling if he would be the hire. Young guy, up and coming with explosive offense. I wouldn't complain one bit about hiring him based on what I have read so far. 

To me, this would be a very good hire. Young, innovative, motivated, proven, etc. This would be an inspired and interesting hire. 

I've had some time to look into it a little bit more, and I would love us hiring Gleeson.  Seems like a young up and comer who runs a high powered offense.

Going off of the first post about him, the two guys mentioned that followed his twitter have followed a couple coaches here and there, but the only other coach they seem to have both followed whose name has come up at all is Kalen DeBoer.  For both of those place to suddenly follow the same guy does seem interesting.

I like the reach we did on this one. Former midwest head coach on smaller levels but used to winning titles. No one can argue the results at Fresno St and the fact that Jeff Tedford sought him out speaks volumes. Fresno St numbers and offense is really strong too. Like the hire.

I like it!  I mentioned his name earlier in the thread as somebody I'd be happy with.  I like it a lot more than if we had hired Canada.  DeBoer isn't just some guy who takes over talented offenses and leads them to average results like DeBord.  He's taken over 2 terrible offenses and turned them into respectable or even good offenses within two years.

Archived