New OC - Kalen DeBoer

25 minutes ago, rico said:

So Sark at Bama gets to name his coaches for his side of the ball?

Yeah, I would think certain OCs would have more say than others. If it's an experienced OC, or former head coach, they probably can demand a whole new staff. Someone making a step up, or going to a Bama or Clemson, have to make some concessions.   Unless there's a strong philosophical difference in terms of scheme, or the coach is lacking in terms of teaching or recruiting ability, why can them just to bring in "your guy" if the current coach is superior?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yeah, I would think certain OCs would have more say than others. If it's an experienced OC, or former head coach, they probably can demand a whole new staff. Someone making a step up, or going to a Bama or Clemson, have to make some concessions.   Unless there's a strong philosophical difference in terms of scheme, or the coach is lacking in terms of teaching or recruiting ability, why can them just to bring in "your guy" if the current coach is superior?

Sooooooo, Sark gets to pick his staff?

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't have any issue with wanting to keep our assistants when talking to Canada.  He would have only been here for a year or two max.  No need to gut the whole offensive staff for a guy who is just going to kick us to the curb at the first opportunity.

That is my take as well...I am still trying to read into Payday's post.  Makes no sense to me.

6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

And, you know, the entire job. 

It would be naive to think Hart doesn't have a grasp on the offense.  It would also be naive to think, with his pedigree, that he doesn't possess the ability to call plays.

That being said, heck QB coaches get elevated to HC's and completely skip the OC gig.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

It would be naive to think Hart doesn't have a grasp on the offense.  It would also be naive to think, with his pedigree, that he doesn't possess the ability to call plays.

That being said, heck QB coaches get elevated to HC's and completely skip the OC gig.

And then hire someone to call the plays.

Naive to think Hart doesn't know the offense? So we want him to call DeBord's offense? There's just no reason to believe that Hart is ready to call plays. Because he played running back he knows how to diagram and call a cadence of plays? 

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

And then hire someone to call the plays.

Naive to think Hart doesn't know the offense? So we want him to call DeBord's offense? There's just no reason to believe that Hart is ready to call plays. Because he played running back he knows how to diagram and call a cadence of plays? 

Do you know he doesn't?

Just now, rico said:

Do you know he doesn't?

Cute, trying to get me to prove a negative. It's a lot more of a reach to assume he does know how to call plays. That's the point. Hell, why don't we promote the wide receivers coach to OC? Or the QB coach? Maybe the offensive line coach? Makes just as much sense. Prove to me they don't how know to call plays.

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Cute, trying to get me to prove a negative. It's a lot more of a reach to assume he does know how to call plays. That's the point. Hell, why don't we promote the wide receivers coach to OC? Or the QB coach? Maybe the offensive line coach? Makes just as much sense. Prove to me they don't how know to call plays.

If you don't want Hart...fine.  But they got to start from somewhere.

Archived