Is it just me ,

jblaz13

Or is "Indiana" starting to be solid to good in almost every major sport at the same time??

Not sure if I recall ever having had the luxury of seeing so many competitive teams out of this state that I root for, College or Professional  in such a condensed period.

IUFB-competitive.

IUMBB/IUWBB- competitive

IUBase- competitive

IUMS- competitive

Colts? 

Pacers?

All appear to be set up pretty nice for the near term.

If IUFB would just turn the friggin corner I could maybe even change competitive to good.

Anyone else catch this and if so did I miss the post? Lol 

1 hour ago, rico said:

???????????

I know someone offline who is occasionally on here reading. They debate some things I post and some that I don't post. 

We've hit topics such as Fred Glass job performance, Chris Ballard job performance, The Colts justification for Drafting Luck, Luck's chances of returning to form. IU hires, etc but I've been kind of on a roll with supporting the recent moves by Indiana teams of IU fan interest for the most part. We did not agree on several of these at one point.

I didn't really know how to answer your question at first, Rico Haha

I was hoping to get these debates out in public since I knew he  would be lurking   on me.. Especially, now that reality is going more in favor of my positions on several of those topics. Lol 

7 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I know someone offline who is occasionally on here reading. They debate some things I post and some that I don't post. 

We've hit topics such as Fred Glass job performance, Chris Ballard job performance, The Colts justification for Drafting Luck, Luck's chances of returning to form. IU hires, etc but I've been kind of on a roll with supporting the recent moves by Indiana teams of IU fan interest for the most part. We did not agree on several of these at one point.

I didn't really know how to answer your question at first, Rico Haha

I was hoping to get these debates out in public since I knew he  would be lurking   on me.. Especially, now that reality is going more in favor of my positions on several of those topics. Lol 

Now I understand.  I was lost there for a bit.  Got a lurker, that you know personally.  Gotcha.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, RoadToZion said:

I wouldn't just call IUMS "competitive". We have an ELITE soccer program. We are arguably the top soccer program in the country. Definitely top 3. 

Oh, I must have never heard about that then ;) 

I was only highlighting the common denominator.    

Was actually more concerned with being  certain I avoided overstating the current level of IUFB,  than stating the utmost obvious about IU Men's Soccer's all -time status.

Yes , and thank you for mentioning them as well Mile. I don't  follow Swimming and Diving so closely. They are and have truly been Elite and risen back to a level befitting of such an accomplished program throughout history.

Generally speaking , I'm hopeful for a new , "Golden Age" of sorts for Intercollegiate and Professional Sports for IU and Indiana's pro teams. I will venture so far as to say I believe it is close at hand right now and having held that opinion for 2 or 3 years or more - much of that potential involved certain things(and people) falling into place and some sound decision making by those in charge , respectively.. Most of the things I felt were prerequisites of sort have happened as of late, via some means or another, both intentional and by chance (especially the mess with the Colts after the McDaniels ordeal) but I never felt like it was my sole idea. To me, it felt like a series  of obvious trend in direction despite not knowing any more or less specifics than anyone else who reads up as much as possible..  and watches and attends as many games as possible through about as objective of a lens as a homer can have.Lol   

The notion certainly didn't come from me first, but I have made strong comments regarding the general direction I have felt IUFB is moving in many posts in the recent past years and definitely on HSN sites.. Many of those once drew great laughter, and criticism from others who heard them and  read some of them. IU Football having an unprecedented season would feel personally satisfying. I've  had a few in  my own family, who cheer for IU, still comment as to "why I still bother" with following IUFB though , so it's something I've wanted on so many levels..

Therefore I can claim my own small stake in being one of those who followed and cheered for IUFB with the utmost fan loyalty possible for anyone to have in my heart. 

The guy this was sort of directed at is going to hear about it  FOREVER, WHEN)not if - I predicted) they win 8 or  10 games  anytime soon,  though.

Archived