Illinois Pre-Game

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd season starts. Always get a tad nervous as this grind begins. With the exception of maybe 4-5 games.....rest of schedule gets tough. Time to calibrate my brain back to appreciating hard fought 9 point wins. The hard part is I know we'll lose one we have no business losing and on the flip side we'll win one we weren't expecting. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

2nd season starts. Always get a tad nervous as this grind begins. With the exception of maybe 4-5 games.....rest of schedule gets tough. Time to calibrate my brain back to appreciating hard fought 9 point wins. The hard part is I know we'll lose one we have no business losing and on the flip side we'll win one we weren't expecting. 

Hopefully the win comes Sunday. 

That being said on the game on Thursday. Is Brad Underwood too far gone. Has the negative momentum gone too far. They are easily the worst team in the Big Ten. Next year does not look significantly brighter.  Are they going to give him 4 years and even if they do will year 4 look that much different with how many programs look to be rolling right now in the Big Ten. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hopefully the win comes Sunday. 

That being said on the game on Thursday. Is Brad Underwood too far gone. Has the negative momentum gone too far. They are easily the worst team in the Big Ten. Next year does not look significantly brighter.  Are they going to give him 4 years and even if they do will year 4 look that much different with how many programs look to be rolling right now in the Big Ten. 

I really don't know on Underwood. 7-8 transfers, no real recruiting success, his in game coaching is highly suspect and his tantrum/antics are tolerated only when winning which has been rare for them. I guess I could see another year but is that just delaying the inevitable? Most of my friends who are Illini grads or fans make fun of their program more than support it. All time low in terms of hope. 

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I really don't know on Underwood. 7-8 transfers, no real recruiting success, his in game coaching is highly suspect and his tantrum/antics are tolerated only when winning which has been rare for them. I guess I could see another year but is that just delaying the inevitable? Most of my friends who are Illini grads or fans make fun of their program more than support it. All time low in terms of hope. 

He reminds me of Billy Gillespie without the alcoholism.  Probably a good basketball mind but also a total psychopath and very difficult to play for.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah I mean I gotta think you put feelers out soon. And if somebody you really like is willing to come then you gotta do it. They probably won’t. Nice for Northwestern I guess since they are guaranteed to play them twice every year

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Arguably the most dominating performance ever by us in Assembly Hall.  Dollar Bill didn't know what hit him.

IU 94-29 over ND in opening game at Assembly Hall.  I was there.  The game was not as close as the score would indicate.

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

With Rob P likely out vs IL, there will be even more of a need for Green to step up and play smart. IL is now even more likely to push the pace and extend their D. Hopefully that results in a lot of easy baskets. 

He's out for the foreseeable future according to Coach Miller.

image.png.665c05b360c9edf487e413f273f665cc.png

Archived