Illinois Postgame Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bench concerns me.

Anderson and Fitzner are virtually unplayable.  McRoberts is a liability on the offensive end.  Davis is solid for what he is asked to do.  If we get in foul trouble, or get especially bad performances from Smith and green, we have nowhere to turn.

Good to see smith playing better. Green acting like iverson while dribbling horrible, airballing layups and missing wide open 3s really irritated me, 1 step forward 2 steps back as usual. Glad we played illinois out of the break, probably lose to anybody else. Glad we hit free throws today, needed them.

On to Michigan...

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The bench concerns me.

Anderson and Fitzner are virtually unplayable.  McRoberts is a liability on the offensive end.  Davis is solid for what he is asked to do.  If we get in foul trouble, or get especially bad performances from Smith and green, we have nowhere to turn.

I’m actually wondering about the shortened bench. We were playing 10 but CAM has shortened it. 

If course everyone is glossing over that Rob didn’t play and he’s a major part of the team, but think the bench is a bit under utilized right now 

Did not see the game. Listened to part of the 2nd half on the drive home. Fisch was raving about CAM’s decision to start the 2nd half by putting Romeo at the top of the key and letting him control and create.

Awesome to see that we now have a coach who can make good halftime adjustments.

A win is a win. How many 3-0 teams are there in conference? Glad we are one of them 

Loved that Romeo decided to be aggressive going to the rim tonight. And I REALLY hope that continues going forward. It was pretty obvious we missed Rob tonight leading our offense. Green had a rough night....3 assists...4 TO's....8 points on 3/11 shooting (which included multiple head scratching air balls from the lane). Durham doesn't seem to have a the point guard gene to fill that role either (0 assist/2 TO's). It was good to see us overcome that particular issues with solid defensive play for a lot of the game (an impressive 4 steals by both Juwan and McRoberts!) and some good team play on the offensive end to share the ball for easy buckets at key times. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Did not see the game. Listened to part of the 2nd half on the drive home. Fisch was raving about CAM’s decision to start the 2nd half by putting Romeo at the top of the key and letting him control and create.

Awesome to see that we now have a coach who can make good halftime adjustments.

A win is a win. How many 3-0 teams are there in conference? Glad we are one of them 

Haha, you.beat me to it. 

Archived