Illinois Postgame Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Devonte Green fan. He does have flashes at times, but just goes brain dead to many other times! Like dribbling against the press until you get a ten second call against you. Are drive down the lane then do a 360 spin move shot three feet from the basket. That doesn’t hit anything! The slow start at the beginning was mostly because he just dribbled the ball no movement! He’s a junior with plenty of experience, so he should be much better and more consistent! 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’m actually wondering about the shortened bench. We were playing 10 but CAM has shortened it. 

If course everyone is glossing over that Rob didn’t play and he’s a major part of the team, but think the bench is a bit under utilized right now 

I'm with you. Davis could have played a few more minutes. When he is in there, you need to get him the ball. Would have liked to see Moore for a few minutes. Don't tell me he is not as good as the IL backup bigs.

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Justin Smith is my unsung hero of the game (UHOTG). Led the team in +/-. Played great D. A very efficient 4 of 5 from the field. 6 offensive rebounds, 3 blocks and a steal. Played within himself.  Green- that's how it's done.

Agree.  He's been gradually settling in over the past few games. 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Justin Smith is my unsung hero of the game (UHOTG). Led the team in +/-. Played great D. A very efficient 4 of 5 from the field. 6 offensive rebounds, 3 blocks and a steal. Played within himself.  Green- that's how it's done.

Yeah, Justin seems to have found his stride.  Now Green, that's another story.

25 minutes ago, Reacher said:

He is great when he stays within his game.  

Great move by Archie to move Langford on the ball and Green off the ball. I actually thought he did it late in the 1st. Green was good defensively tonight, but nearly took IU from a double-digit win to an L. He was so bad late and really struggled all night offensively. This team really need Phinisee. 

A win is a win... Nice that we’re not dropping the gimmes like we did last year.  Romeo won the game when he took over at the beginning of the second half, but this team isn’t good enough to win comfortably against anyone when we’re sitting players like Rob because of a bump on the head.  If we have another slow start like we have for the past 10 or 11 games, Michigan is gonna blow us out.

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

A win is a win... Nice that we’re not dropping the gimmes like we did last year.  Romeo won the game when he took over at the beginning of the second half, but this team isn’t good enough to win comfortably against anyone when we’re sitting players like Rob because of a bump on the head.  If we have another slow start like we have for the past 10 or 11 games, Michigan is gonna blow us out.

Why do I want to say blah, blah, blah?  LOL

1 hour ago, rico said:

A lot of negativity I see, but has anyone stopped to give Illinois some credit?  I was impressed with the Illini.  Gutsy performance by them.

Agreed! They came out totally loose and swinging for the fences. Once they got a lead they were confident and kept us on our heels the whole first half☠️

Archived