Michigan Pregame Thread

Not a CTC hater and appreciate what he gave for IU.  However, CAM's arrival and emphasis on D along with his recruiting has given me my optimism regarding IUBB back that has been lost since the glory days under RMK.  I finally believe any time IU plays they can and will win anytime, anyplace, against anyone!  Looking forward to UM's demise today.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A major challenge today for the Hoosiers. See the gameday essentials, tale of the tape and keys to victory.

One thing I didn't realize until I prepared this -- Michigan's only likes to play 7, and with Isaiah Livers a game time decision, that could be a factor in this game.

1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

I think Morgan will be key because they do not have anyone who matches up with him well.

Livers matches up physically with Morgan. I've brought up Teske before. He can score inside and Morgan has not been great defensively against guys bigger than him. Morgan will need to take him outside.

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Such a dilemma. The Bears are on at the same time as IU; normally IU gets precedence but it’s the playoffs! Do I flip back and fourth? Im not sure if I could handle DVRing either one.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! 

Why sports gods, WHY?!?!?!

(....First world problems)

The Bears?? Who are the Bears?? LOL.....

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Livers matches up physically with Morgan. I've brought up Teske before. He can score inside and Morgan has not been great defensively against guys bigger than him. Morgan will need to take him outside.

Captain Morgan is the livers natural enemy.  I like Captain Morgan there.

Glad to see everyone has realized that getting the ball to Juwan and Romeo every time gives us the best chance to win after I got a bunch of pushback for saying exactly that a few weeks ago, lol.  

I’m gonna have to watch this one on replay, as I’ll be in Soldier Field watching the Bears today.  Funny how playoff football can make an early January Big Ten game seem inconsequential, even a game against the favorites to win the conference title. Here’s hoping both my teams can get it done.

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Such a dilemma. The Bears are on at the same time as IU; normally IU gets precedence but it’s the playoffs! Do I flip back and fourth? Im not sure if I could handle DVRing either one.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! 

As a die hard Bears and Hoosier fan, I totally relate. Just not enough of my fandom to handle today!

This is indeed a real problem, dont allow yourself to minimize it. The struggle is real.

40 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! 

Yep. Been complaining to myself about this since last Sunday. IU always is first in my head and heart. It is the playoffs though. Starting with IU and I predict last channel on my remote won't be working by 630 EST. 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
A major challenge today for the Hoosiers. See the gameday essentials, tale of the tape and keys to victory.

One thing I didn't realize until I prepared this -- Michigan's only likes to play 7, and with Isaiah Livers a game time decision, that could be a factor in this game.

Well over a week ago, I posted that Michigan's achilles heel could very well be their bench, or lack of it. (You must have missed it. And that's ok. )    Because Beilein, for most of the season has gone primarily 7 deep. And it's not like IU who has been forced deep into our bench, due to injury after injury, allowing guys who might not get much PT some valuable game time experience. The same observation,  about Michigan, coming from you, only bolsters my contention.

After the first seven, PT drops off considerably.  And in my mind, it's not just a concern, should one of the top 7 go down with an injury, as I posted above.... what happens if several of the 7 get into early foul trouble, forcing Beilein to play guys with limited game time experience.

Thanks for the link.  Keep up the great work !

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

We have a much better shot on the road against UM than we did playing at Cameron.  What kind of shot? Not great, but who knows, maybe someone like Justin has a big game.  

Not seeing the doom and gloom predicted before the Duke game. Certainly, still a lot of apprehension over the Michigan game.  And rightfully so. But again, nothing like what I was seeing before the Duke game. 

Archived