Need the Board's Help for a Hoosier in Need

Long time lurker, but I figured this would be a worthy first post.  My friend Braedon, who I graduated IU with in 2010, recently had a stroke at 31 years old and may need brain surgery.  He's a huge IU bball fan- had season tickets with him for all 4 years at IU.  Braedon was always the one getting us to games in the down years of the Crean era- he is truly a Hoosier through and through.  It just really saddens me to see this happen to such an infinitely positive and passionate person.

Long story short, his dad had some major health issues as well, and Braedon has had to take over the family farm in Columbus, IN.  It's just Braedon and his dad- no siblings or anything to help out.  Sounds like his insurance situation isn't great, and he's already been in the hospital for 2 weeks in Indy.  Anything you could donate will help- thanks guys!

Braedon's Go Fund Me

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

The Engles were a well known family when I was growing up in Columbus and this is a sad situation.  I hope we can help him and his family out.

So very glad that you were willing to restore this thread, CC.  Over the past 12 hours or so, I have gotten to know HoobieDobbie very well.  He shared with me many things.  His friend is very deserving of any help Hoosier Sports Nation can send it's way. Including prayers, which I have done, and will continue to do. 

Over the years, HSN has helped many other members in time of need. Time to do so once again. 

Just to have legal cover here.  I have not done my due diligence to confirm that this is a legitimate GoFundMe that actually goes to the person.  Nor do I have the ability to really do so. We are allowing this to stay up in case it is.

Please use your common sense when donating to any cause.  It is sad, but understandable, that we need to do post this disclaimer. Internet fraud is everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived