IU at Michigan Game Thread

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

wow guys.  the big McRoberts fans have me scratching my head.  

I've always been a fan of his effort and heart, but IMO that shouldn't give him as much playing time as he gets. He literally does nothing for us on offense and if I'm an opposing coach, I don't bother really guarding him outside of about 5ft.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Guys...we are lucky that we are down only 14 at half! It could be 20+ the way we played. At least our defense has a pulse. We have normally played better in the second half. I don't think it will be enough,....I just hope we get can look competitive. 

Possibly...or if we hit just 2/3 of the open layups Morgan and Romeo missed it would be us down 6....maybe less. Everything went wrong that could and honestly since like the 12 minute mark we’ve played them even.

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Guys...we are lucky that we are down only 14 at half! It could be 20+ the way we played. At least our defense has a pulse. We have normally played better in the second half. I don't think it will be enough,....I just hope we get can look competitive. 

We're on pace to give up almost 90.  Our D sucks today.  

3 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I've always been a fan of his effort and heart, but IMO that shouldn't give him as much playing time as he gets. He literally does nothing for us on offense and if I'm an opposing coach, I don't bother really guarding him outside of about 5ft.

I love his heart and he has some good defensive plays but today just hasn’t been good McRoberts. I’d rather have Damezi standing in the corner to shoot those wide open 3s. They didn’t even rotate to him when they broke down on defense and it kills us because they recover back to everyone else and the great drive is for naught. Love his heart...he just hasn’t had it tonight.

3 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

This is not a game McRoberts fits well into. He's not fast enough to check their wing players and he isn't a scoring threat at a time we desperately need offense. 

his defense has been terrible too.  won't shoot an open shot, turning it over, poor defense.  

1 minute ago, T-Free20 said:

If we make this a close game, it will really tell me something about this team. But if we don't, I honestly worry about the rest of the season. Not giving up at all, but definitely concerned.

Some of us have been concerned before this game, but yea I get it.

Just now, 5fouls said:

If you were an IU fan, you would not need to ask this question.

For real, so far we are adding one 5 star with possibly a second to follow and a strong 4* guard.

All of our current freshmen, save Romeo, will have another year.  We should get Race and Jerome back and hopefully they will be able to go at 100%.  Another year for Davis to heal.  Durham and Green are good for spot minutes.  I think that another summer to become more comfortable with the college game will do Damezi well.  Moore contributed a few minutes in the first half.  I think Forrester has shown potential as a backup.  We are 12-2 and 3-0 in the BIG all while dealing with a ton of injuries.  And our one really bad loss was to the #1 team in the country and this current game is against the #2 team, both on their floors.

I thought we might be a bit better at the beginning of the year but I was expecting a healthier team.  I certainly was not expecting our second best Freshman recruit to miss every game to some apparent freak leg illness.

2 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

If we make this a close game, it will really tell me something about this team. But if we don't, I honestly worry about the rest of the season. Not giving up at all, but definitely concerned.

Why? This is the toughest game left on the schedule. It says nothing about the remaining games. 

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Why? This is the toughest game left on the schedule. It says nothing about the remaining games. 

Looking for some fight and toughness. We still have other tough games as well, regardless if they're at home or on the road. To get to where we want to be, you gotta compete on the road.

Archived