IU at Michigan POST GAME

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really liked the fight. Feel we are right there but on offense its 2 or 3 on 5. Cant compete for BIG title that way.  Mcroberts 0 threat offensively and his defense was less than stellar.  I love everything about him but I am for giving Anderson a shot cant play great D but at least looks to shoot the 3. We will be ok but it shows just how good we could be. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Really liked the fight. Feel we are right there but on offense its 2 or 3 on 5. Cant compete for BIG title that way.  Mcroberts 0 threat offensively and his defense was less than stellar.  I love everything about him but I am for giving Anderson a shot cant play great D but at least looks to shoot the 3. We will be ok but it shows just how good we could be. 

To emphasize this point...Damezi should be getting McBob's minutes from here on out.

13 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I don’t care if they both had two fouls, playing that stretch with both Romeo and Juwan on the bench was a stupid decision. We have no offense without them. The game got away from us to a point of being too far gone during that time. We played with them after that. 

This is an old debate and had to do with risk, but I agree one should have stayed in. It is though normal practice to pull guys with 2 first half fouls. 

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is an old debate and had to do with risk, but I agree one should have stayed in. It is though normal practice to pull guys with 2 first half fouls. 

I understand the reasoning why we did it, but we have no fire power without them. There was risk leaving them in, but I think the risk of the game getting out of hand was greater. 

5 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

At least IU played Michigan tougher than  the smelermakers !!!!! Michigan only beat Northwestern by 2 points Western Michigan by 8 points and pee yew by 19 points ? Go figure !?

Every thread doesn't have to have you make a Purdue reference.  I think we all get that you hate Purdue.  But dammit, this is the IU/Michigan post game thread.  Really?

I stand by my pregame statement that IU is as good as UM.  We are the walking wounded, short handed, offensively challenged.  Yet we are very even in the final stats.  Lose due to 6 more FG by UM during the barrage when RL and JM go out due to foul trouble.  We easily missed 6 rim rounding bunnies during the game.  This is a very good team. Showing the grit, tenacity, and D we have missed for years.  Just some observations:

JM and RL cannot get stupid fouls early

McBob HAS TO SHOOT ONCE IN A WHILE EVEN IF HE MISSES.  Can't play 4 on 5 offense

JS needs to go strong to hoop both on offense and rebound with 2 hands--not 1

DG is never going to be a PG.  Let him play off the ball.  D is excellent.  Can shoot the 3 if open and can get his shot if necessary.  Just don't run the O well.

For the love of GOD, can we get HEALTHY!

Can't wait for rematch end of month at home and with a healthy team!

34 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Have at it.

Disappointed n the slow start once again but I a happy that they did not just mail in the rest of the game.  We need to have a couple of more players step up their play because we can't win against good teams with only two players playing well.

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I understand the reasoning why we did it, but we have no fire power without them. There was risk leaving them in, but I think the risk of the game getting out of hand was greater. 

But which?

As a senior, you’d hope Morgan would have more experience and know how to play without picking up a third foul.

On the other hand, Romeo plays farther from the basket so if he has to allow his guy go by, help should be there to make an easy basket tougher 

Agree that with both on the bench our offense was really limited 

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

To emphasize this point...Damezi should be getting McBob's minutes from here on out.

Believe it was expected someone would earn most of his minutes by now.  I am probably as big of a McBob fan as there is, but from the 18 min of game time I was able to watch, he didn't appear give us much.  

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But which?

As a senior, you’d hope Morgan would have more experience and know how to play without picking up a third foul.

On the other hand, Romeo plays farther from the basket so if he has to allow his guy go by, help should be there to make an easy basket tougher 

Agree that with both on the bench our offense was really limited 

Ideally, I would have liked to have rotated them the rest of the half. That way you have at least one of them out there at all times and both are more rested for the second half. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m fairly pleased with how we played once we abandoned keeping them on the bench and put them in. I’m just frustrated that we let the game get out of hand when I think maybe we could have prevented that. 

Archived