Justin Smith’s dad last night

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. Hope Smith doesn’t feel like that. I could understand it I suppose. 

He was shooting a lot more early in the year. But being very inefficient. Dialing back the attempts has really boosted his efficiency and helping the team. His time will come. Next year especially when he’s the upper class men. 

Really hope Smith doesn’t leave 

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

He was shooting a lot more early in the year. But being very inefficient. Dialing back the attempts has really boosted his efficiency and helping the team. His time will come. Next year especially when he’s the upper class men. 

There is a chemistry issue that keeps rearing its ugly head. Go back and watch body language. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This times a million.  His efficiency has increased since we stopped running plays for him.  Turnovers have decreased and his PER has been on the rise over the last couple of games.  

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is a chemistry issue that keeps rearing its ugly head. Go back and watch body language. 

I know you mentioned in the past that Justin seemed upset and was shaking his head every time Romeo was introduced or talked about.  Seems you were probably right.  

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

Why do parents feel the need to come out publicly like this?  smh  This helps absolutely no one.   Not to mention the damage it does to the program recruiting wise.   Justin has a bright future at IU.  Shut the hell up Dad!!!

Go Hoosiers!!!

I know right if he doesn’t torpedo our recruiting Justin looks poised to start on a team I think can be a title contender in 2 years. 

Smith didn't take shots behind 3-point line when he was open just like McBob. He doesn't have good enough ball handling skills to blow by defenders and get to the rim either. Maybe he can try 15-feet mid-range jump shots in the future, but as this point I don't think he has enough confidence to do so. 

Archived