Highlights of Archie's Jan. 7 radio show

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Paraphrasing CAM, "early on, our guards need to drive to pass and not drive to shoot".  Seems dead on, if I'm reading that right, open things up for JM first, everything will flow better from then on.  JM first, slashers and perimeter shots after.

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I never thought we would beat Michigan.  I actually thought we could and should get drubbed.  But we should beat Maryland.  I know it on the road and Rob is hurt.  However we should and need to win this one.  Turgeon is a joke of a coach.  We have a much better roster.

How do we have a much better roster? This is a big game, and a win that helps in making the difference between finishing mid-pack or top 4, but I don't see how it's a 'should win' on the road, especially if we're still missing Rob and Davis? I agree Turgeon isn't great, but Maryland is one of the harder places to play and they've been recruiting really well the last 2-3 years (most services ranked their 2018 class above IU's). 

They have 4* junior pg who leads them in scoring and assists, they have a 4* second year big who will be a first round pick that averages a double-double, they also have a Burger Boy 5* freshmen averaging 12+ppg and 7rpg, and then two other guys that were 4* recruits the last two years averaging just below 10ppg. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

How do we have a much better roster? This is a big game, and a win that helps in making the difference between finishing mid-pack or top 4, but I don't see how it's a 'should win' on the road, especially if we're still missing Rob and Davis? I agree Turgeon isn't great, but Maryland is one of the harder places to play and they've been recruiting really well the last 2-3 years (most services ranked their 2018 class above IU's). 

They have 4* junior pg who leads them in scoring and assists, they have a 4* second year big who will be a first round pick that averages a double-double, they also have a Burger Boy 5* freshmen averaging 12+ppg and 7rpg, and then two other guys that were 4* recruits the last two years averaging just below 10ppg. 

Agreed, I'd put this game in the same category as on the road @ Iowa, OSU, Wisconsin, Purdue or Nebraska. We need to win some of these but asking for all of these as road wins might be a stretch. My overall expectations are Top 3 in the conference, honestly maybe Top 4-5 with all the high volume of injuries Archie's had to deal with this year. The injuries we've had to deal with this year are no joke and shouldn't be overlooked. I think Archie's done great so far trying to weather the injury storm though.

Archived