Maryland Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Overall good feeling about this one. I believe we are the better team better coached and will overcome the atmosphere. 

Shouldn't be too many students there yet. Classes resume  Mon. Hopefully will lessen the atmosphere to overcome.

I feel optimistic as well. MD might be a little overconfident after their big road win. Feel we can match up ok. Rob would have been a huge help on Cowan. Still think Green can bother him. We need to break through with some unexpected wins at some point. Might as well start tonight.

Indiana will come out on fire and take a 10 point lead halfway thru the 1st half but Maryland will slowly chip away and IU will lead by 4 at halftime. The lead will go back and forth in the 2nd but the Hoosiers will win, 74-72.

Romeo will score 22 points, Juwan 18, Justin Smith will have 12,  Al 8, Devonte 8, Zach will score 3 points on 1/3 from beyond the arc, and Fitzner will score a 3.

Also - Archie will make sure to mention Justin's name at least a dozen times after the game, commenting on his many contributions, which will cause Romeo's dad to go on twitter. 🙄

This one concerns me. Maryland has comparable talent to IU, and in watching the last part of their Minny win they looked like a team where the pieces are really starting to come together. While I think having Phinisee would be a tremendous help, I'm almost more concerned if Davis can't go. I don't see how Moore or Fitzner could come in against their bigs and be effective defensively. 

Given the injuries, being on the road, and Maryland's momentum, it just seems like a really tough game to me. Good news is IU has shown toughness, so big games from Morgan and Langford, as well as guys like Green, Smith and Durham playing well and it is winnable. I just wouldn't bet on IU in this one. 

20 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

You mean the one he declares IU overly cautious without any evidence. Clearly a reasonable view. 

Hundreds of athlete's previous timelines on concussion protocols mainly in fb a sport much more violent, is the evidence. Why does that need to be spelled out for you? 

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Overall good feeling about this one. I believe we are the better team better coached and will overcome the atmosphere. 

I like the confidence but I just don't see it with Fitzner, Mcroberts, and Moore as our bench. These injuries are really going to hurt us during this next stretch if we don't get healthy.

One thing I would do tonight, is go early and often to Langford. We typically look to get Morgan going early, but I think our best shot for getting their bigs in foul trouble, which we need to do, is with Langford attacking the paint early. Get him some penetrations and see if he can get to the line. He's averaging 6.8 free throw attempts per game and is top 50 nationally in attempts. Lets try and use that to our advantage out of the gate. 

39 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I like the confidence but I just don't see it with Fitzner, Mcroberts, and Moore as our bench. These injuries are really going to hurt us during this next stretch if we don't get healthy.

Real opportunity here for Damezi if he can work his way onto the court. Fitzner needs to step up also. Need to see 8-10 and 4 from him.

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Real opportunity here for Damezi if he can work his way onto the court. Fitzner needs to step up also. Need to see 8-10 and 4 from him.

When has that happened though outside of Marquette? I just don't see it. Against Michigan our whole bench was a combined 0-4 from the field with 4 turnovers. Not going to get it done, our only chance tonight is Turgeon.

Just now, SIHoosier26 said:

When has that happened though outside of Marquette? I just don't see it. Against Michigan our whole bench was a combined 0-4 from the field with 4 turnovers. Not going to get it done, our only chance tonight is Turgeon.

Not hopeful either. But this stretch, with all the injuries, is their opportunity

3 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I like our chances outside of Turgeon.

24 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Could Race or Jerome be back sooner than anticipated? 

No idea.  Coach and I have shared a ton over the years.  From me... mostly support for what he does and is willing to share.  From him... information.  However, in this case I have no idea.  Coach is a busy man this time of year.  And I beg of all of you.... keep in mind... all he is doing is sharing a rumor.  Don't crucify him, if nothing comes to fruition.

Archived