Maryland Pregame Thread

rbkl

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am guessing we will be slight underdogs tomorrow.   Probably a pk on a neutral floor,  so3.5 to 4 pt dogs.

I have no doubt we will make a run in the second half.   The only question is, do we show up to play early and that run gives us a cushion so we are playing with a lead?  Or do we do our typical slow start and that is a mad rush to make it a game late?

8 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I am guessing we will be slight underdogs tomorrow.   Probably a pk on a neutral floor,  so3.5 to 4 pt dogs.

I have no doubt we will make a run in the second half.   The only question is, do we show up to play early and that run gives us a cushion so we are playing with a lead?  Or do we do our typical slow start and that is a mad rush to make it a game late?

I am going to step out on that limb and say we will not start slow in this game. That was a clear focus of CAM's post-game comments after the UM game, and he basically called out Morgan to take control and demand the ball early -- comments that of course the whole team heard.

57 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I am going to step out on that limb and say we will not start slow in this game. That was a clear focus of CAM's post-game comments after the UM game, and he basically called out Morgan to take control and demand the ball early -- comments that of course the whole team heard.

I agree,  and hope you are correct.   Slow starts haven't been an isolated incident.   I think the team can focus on that and come out ready this game.  But it needs to be a concerted effort all season.   It can be very easy to slip back to status quo. 

i think looking at who has already lost ahead of us, we'd probably move up 3-4 spots in the rankings if we pull this off.  it would be huge to get a conference road win here.  i think RP and DD status makes a huge difference.  pretty impressive showing to throttle MN on the road this week.  

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In the past the big ten played only on Thursday/Saturday so they were use to short turn around.  It made it easier to know when your team was playing and with them having travel partners it was easy to remember who you were playing in that week.

Yeah, I remember like IU would play at Michigan St. on Thursday and at Michigan on Saturday.  Then ESPN came along.  

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, I remember like IU would play at Michigan St. on Thursday and at Michigan on Saturday.  Then ESPN came along.  

No doubt and expansion happened as well but if we talk about this to much then we will be called old school.  If my memories are correct these were the travel partners

IU/OSU

UM/MSU

PU/UI

NW/UW

IOWA/MINNESOTA

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt and expansion happened as well but if we talk about this to much then we will be called old school.  If my memories are correct these were the travel partners

IU/OSU

UM/MSU

PU/UI

NW/UW

IOWA/MINNESOTA

I will admit that I loved the travel partner concept and the simplicity of the schedule back then.

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fridays are for HS games. Not college.

Same in football season, absolute crap we played @Minnesota on a Friday. I would have gone to the Minnesota game if it weren't for playing on a Friday. Ignorance by the Big Ten and Delaney. 

Ahh.  You may as well stay home and watch IU on Friday.  Your HS team is going to lose.  :D

22 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

Rob P hasn't been cleared yet to do any sort of contact in practice/games and it sounds very unlikely that he will play tomorrow. This was according to CAM at the press conference just now.

At some point does IU's very conservative approach to handling concussions hurt us in recruiting?  

I can't imagine a competitor being happy with this long of a layoff.  

Archived