Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
rbkl

Maryland Pregame Thread

Recommended Posts

We need to fire on all cylinders or I have a strong feeling we will have are arsess handed to us again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing about De'Ron and Rob P.  Archie is scheduled to have a pre-Maryland PC on Thursday.  Hearing that regardless of the condition of those two... don't expect Archie to come with anything definitive, one way or the other.  Good strategy.  Poker face.  No tells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly the type of road game that we have to win if we are going to get back to the top of the B1G. If we want to say Indiana basketball is back we need to win the games we should...and win our share of road games against other good programs. To get up there with MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin we have to beat those home and road in the middle with us. Let's take that first step guys!! Start to win enough of those games the rankings will take care of themselves and we will build momentum to take out the teams above us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

One more thing about De'Ron and Rob P.  Archie is scheduled to have a pre-Maryland PC on Thursday.  Hearing that regardless of the condition of those two... don't expect Archie to come with anything definitive, one way or the other.  Good strategy.  Poker face.  No tells. 

It seems like he's acted a bit more open to the possibility of them playing, but with the way things have gone this year in regards to injuries it's really hard to be overly confident.

Edited by SIHoosier26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a tough game to win without Phinisee and Davis. Maryland has a lot of size and it's tough size, so this is one of those games you need Davis to have a presence and produce. You also need to put Juwan in situations where he can draw fouls on Fernando.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my only thing. Right after the game Archie said we'll be without RP for awhile. Obviously no way at the point could he have known the severity or symptoms. By saying "awhile" seems to me he knows there's a protocol in place (placed for him by IU). That's all. Back to Maryland. Big game for us if we want to finish in top 3 of Big 10. 

Pretty sure patients have to be symptom-free for a set number of days before returning to action. So there’s an undefined time to get symptom-free, then probably a definitive time one has to remain symptom free.

Edited by cohete15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Maryland play at Minnesota. They looked really good! I’m not sure we can even beat them with Rob and Deron back in Maryland. Maybe at home, but it would be close. 

Maryland is playing at another level now. We will  have our hands full.

Edited by Bowhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I watched Maryland play at Minnesota. They looked really good! I’m not sure we can even beat them with Rob and Deron back in Maryland. Maybe at home, but it would be close. 

Maryland is playing at another level now. We will  have our hands full.

No doubt they have some talent at the top. I am a big fan of Fernado.  If De'Ron can't go, he will be a load for Juwan to handle.  Cowen, and Smith can put the rock in the bucket. However, after those three, the talent drops off precipitously.

And one constant... Coach T.  Just two years  removed of fans wanting him run out of town.  Has been able to turn things around since then.  And the game you saw, IMHO was his best effort of this season to date.  But MD fans are still not enamored.   In the end, though.  A Turgeon is still a Turgeon.  No question in my mind, if it comes down to coaching, we've got the upper hand there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BGleas said:

You also need to put Juwan in situations where he can draw fouls on Fernando.  

We also have to keep Juwan from getting fouls early. We can’t afford to have him sitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Morgan has the best opportunity to affect this game early on.  We worry about him getting in foul trouble but he is the perfect player to do the same to Maryland.  With his skills I wonder how the other teams bigs aren’t in early foul trouble every game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We also have to keep Juwan from getting fouls early. We can’t afford to have him sitting. 

He will have two before the first tv timeout.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will have two before the first tv timeout.

Yes and this can be said for every road game. Add our injuries onto this and it makes it difficult to win on the road. I still feel we can win most games with archie as our coach when we are healthy. I feel we can win all of our games at home, we might not but are capable. If we finish 5-5 after the first ten games we can finish top six. I am hoping for better but in my mind that is how big of a game Friday at Maryland is. I feel it is almost a must win in this young season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

No doubt they have some talent at the top. I am a big fan of Fernado.  If De'Ron can't go, he will be a load for Juwan to handle.  Cowen, and Smith can put the rock in the bucket. However, after those three, the talent drops off precipitously.

And one constant... Coach T.  Just two years  removed of fans wanting him run out of town.  Has been able to turn things around since then.  And the game you saw, IMHO was his best effort of this season to date.  But MD fans are still not enamored.   In the end, though.  A Turgeon is still a Turgeon.  No question in my mind, if it comes down to coaching, we've got the upper hand there.

https://g.co/kgs/doVjUZ

This Fernando?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will have two before the first tv timeout.

I'm hoping that the BIG officiating will take pity on the Hoosiers with their decimated roster and realize that RMK no longer walks the sidelines, and concede the Hoosiers have indeed suffered at the hands of BIG officiating long enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I think you need to start a best of Mile music thread in the Animal House!:cheers:

I'd drink to that !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×