Jump to content

Maryland Pregame Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justin Smith takes 38 shots from the field on his way to 59 points.  No one else scores more than 5 points, but IU still wins the game 76-71. Afterwards, Edward Smith tweets "This is the kind of

Nobody is saying concussions aren't serious. They are making the basic "logical" assumption that maybe our school is handling these things in a excessively overly cautious manner, when there have been

Please take a look if you have 6 minutes to watch one of the best pranks I can remember. I only post because if was performed at Maryland with help from the crowd at the xfinity center at the Universi

Posted Images

One more thing about De'Ron and Rob P.  Archie is scheduled to have a pre-Maryland PC on Thursday.  Hearing that regardless of the condition of those two... don't expect Archie to come with anything definitive, one way or the other.  Good strategy.  Poker face.  No tells. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly the type of road game that we have to win if we are going to get back to the top of the B1G. If we want to say Indiana basketball is back we need to win the games we should...and win our share of road games against other good programs. To get up there with MSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin we have to beat those home and road in the middle with us. Let's take that first step guys!! Start to win enough of those games the rankings will take care of themselves and we will build momentum to take out the teams above us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

One more thing about De'Ron and Rob P.  Archie is scheduled to have a pre-Maryland PC on Thursday.  Hearing that regardless of the condition of those two... don't expect Archie to come with anything definitive, one way or the other.  Good strategy.  Poker face.  No tells. 

It seems like he's acted a bit more open to the possibility of them playing, but with the way things have gone this year in regards to injuries it's really hard to be overly confident.

Edited by SIHoosier26
Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a tough game to win without Phinisee and Davis. Maryland has a lot of size and it's tough size, so this is one of those games you need Davis to have a presence and produce. You also need to put Juwan in situations where he can draw fouls on Fernando.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my only thing. Right after the game Archie said we'll be without RP for awhile. Obviously no way at the point could he have known the severity or symptoms. By saying "awhile" seems to me he knows there's a protocol in place (placed for him by IU). That's all. Back to Maryland. Big game for us if we want to finish in top 3 of Big 10. 

Pretty sure patients have to be symptom-free for a set number of days before returning to action. So there’s an undefined time to get symptom-free, then probably a definitive time one has to remain symptom free.

Edited by cohete15
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Maryland play at Minnesota. They looked really good! I’m not sure we can even beat them with Rob and Deron back in Maryland. Maybe at home, but it would be close. 

Maryland is playing at another level now. We will  have our hands full.

Edited by Bowhunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I watched Maryland play at Minnesota. They looked really good! I’m not sure we can even beat them with Rob and Deron back in Maryland. Maybe at home, but it would be close. 

Maryland is playing at another level now. We will  have our hands full.

No doubt they have some talent at the top. I am a big fan of Fernado.  If De'Ron can't go, he will be a load for Juwan to handle.  Cowen, and Smith can put the rock in the bucket. However, after those three, the talent drops off precipitously.

And one constant... Coach T.  Just two years  removed of fans wanting him run out of town.  Has been able to turn things around since then.  And the game you saw, IMHO was his best effort of this season to date.  But MD fans are still not enamored.   In the end, though.  A Turgeon is still a Turgeon.  No question in my mind, if it comes down to coaching, we've got the upper hand there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Morgan has the best opportunity to affect this game early on.  We worry about him getting in foul trouble but he is the perfect player to do the same to Maryland.  With his skills I wonder how the other teams bigs aren’t in early foul trouble every game. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will have two before the first tv timeout.

Yes and this can be said for every road game. Add our injuries onto this and it makes it difficult to win on the road. I still feel we can win most games with archie as our coach when we are healthy. I feel we can win all of our games at home, we might not but are capable. If we finish 5-5 after the first ten games we can finish top six. I am hoping for better but in my mind that is how big of a game Friday at Maryland is. I feel it is almost a must win in this young season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

No doubt they have some talent at the top. I am a big fan of Fernado.  If De'Ron can't go, he will be a load for Juwan to handle.  Cowen, and Smith can put the rock in the bucket. However, after those three, the talent drops off precipitously.

And one constant... Coach T.  Just two years  removed of fans wanting him run out of town.  Has been able to turn things around since then.  And the game you saw, IMHO was his best effort of this season to date.  But MD fans are still not enamored.   In the end, though.  A Turgeon is still a Turgeon.  No question in my mind, if it comes down to coaching, we've got the upper hand there.

https://g.co/kgs/doVjUZ

This Fernando?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will have two before the first tv timeout.

I'm hoping that the BIG officiating will take pity on the Hoosiers with their decimated roster and realize that RMK no longer walks the sidelines, and concede the Hoosiers have indeed suffered at the hands of BIG officiating long enough!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...