Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
rbkl

Maryland Pregame Thread

Recommended Posts

I will give my prediction once I see if RP or DeRon is cleared to play.  We REALLY need this win, especially with Ohio St, Houston and Auburn all losing last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I will give my prediction once I see if RP or DeRon is cleared to play.  We REALLY need this win, especially with Ohio St, Houston and Auburn all losing last night. 

I'll predict a nail biter. Break out the heart medicine

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing we will be slight underdogs tomorrow.   Probably a pk on a neutral floor,  so3.5 to 4 pt dogs.

I have no doubt we will make a run in the second half.   The only question is, do we show up to play early and that run gives us a cushion so we are playing with a lead?  Or do we do our typical slow start and that is a mad rush to make it a game late?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I am guessing we will be slight underdogs tomorrow.   Probably a pk on a neutral floor,  so3.5 to 4 pt dogs.

I have no doubt we will make a run in the second half.   The only question is, do we show up to play early and that run gives us a cushion so we are playing with a lead?  Or do we do our typical slow start and that is a mad rush to make it a game late?

 

 

I am going to step out on that limb and say we will not start slow in this game. That was a clear focus of CAM's post-game comments after the UM game, and he basically called out Morgan to take control and demand the ball early -- comments that of course the whole team heard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I am going to step out on that limb and say we will not start slow in this game. That was a clear focus of CAM's post-game comments after the UM game, and he basically called out Morgan to take control and demand the ball early -- comments that of course the whole team heard.

I agree,  and hope you are correct.   Slow starts haven't been an isolated incident.   I think the team can focus on that and come out ready this game.  But it needs to be a concerted effort all season.   It can be very easy to slip back to status quo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just want to state that playing games on Fridays is complete BS. 

Don't both teams have games on Monday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think looking at who has already lost ahead of us, we'd probably move up 3-4 spots in the rankings if we pull this off.  it would be huge to get a conference road win here.  i think RP and DD status makes a huge difference.  pretty impressive showing to throttle MN on the road this week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't both teams have games on Monday?

Yes.  Md. at home to Wisky and IU at home to Nebraska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past the big ten played only on Thursday/Saturday so they were use to short turn around.  It made it easier to know when your team was playing and with them having travel partners it was easy to remember who you were playing in that week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fridays are for HS games. Not college.

Same in football season, absolute crap we played @Minnesota on a Friday. I would have gone to the Minnesota game if it weren't for playing on a Friday. Ignorance by the Big Ten and Delaney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In the past the big ten played only on Thursday/Saturday so they were use to short turn around.  It made it easier to know when your team was playing and with them having travel partners it was easy to remember who you were playing in that week.

Yeah, I remember like IU would play at Michigan St. on Thursday and at Michigan on Saturday.  Then ESPN came along.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, I remember like IU would play at Michigan St. on Thursday and at Michigan on Saturday.  Then ESPN came along.  

No doubt and expansion happened as well but if we talk about this to much then we will be called old school.  If my memories are correct these were the travel partners

IU/OSU

UM/MSU

PU/UI

NW/UW

IOWA/MINNESOTA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No doubt and expansion happened as well but if we talk about this to much then we will be called old school.  If my memories are correct these were the travel partners

IU/OSU

UM/MSU

PU/UI

NW/UW

IOWA/MINNESOTA

I will admit that I loved the travel partner concept and the simplicity of the schedule back then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Fridays are for HS games. Not college.

Same in football season, absolute crap we played @Minnesota on a Friday. I would have gone to the Minnesota game if it weren't for playing on a Friday. Ignorance by the Big Ten and Delaney. 

Ahh.  You may as well stay home and watch IU on Friday.  Your HS team is going to lose.  :D

Edited by 5fouls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ahh.  You may as well stay home and watch IU on Friday.  Your HS team is going to lose.  :D

I coach at Jennings Co :)

Football at Brownstown, basketball at Jennings Co. AAU in the spring. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Kinda looks like he's in pain.   Get well big man.  

Dwe-g3FWkAAv173.jpg

.........No,......Evan left a "Fitzner-Fizzler" on Deron's leg. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob P hasn't been cleared yet to do any sort of contact in practice/games and it sounds very unlikely that he will play tomorrow. This was according to CAM at the press conference just now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

Rob P hasn't been cleared yet to do any sort of contact in practice/games and it sounds very unlikely that he will play tomorrow. This was according to CAM at the press conference just now.

At some point does IU's very conservative approach to handling concussions hurt us in recruiting?  

I can't imagine a competitor being happy with this long of a layoff.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...