Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Yeah, it's been eerily quite the past week or two.  If he was having doubts during our 7 game skid, hopefully the win on Saturday help put any doubts to rest.

There is no way to prove anything until he commits, but I can tell you nothing has changed in a long long time. Not sure why the delay I have tried and all I get is it is on his own time table, but no need to worry. I just wish it would happen now!!

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/catching-up-with-keion-a-wane-tv-exclusive/1753105073

Can't open this here, but if you copy and past this to a browser, this provides a nice feature on KJB

Thanks for sharing. Really really like this young man. Gonna be a great HOOSIER!!! Crazy to think that you leave to go to a school ranked #1 in the country and you have about 200 people at a game. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Crazy to think that you leave to go to a school ranked #1 in the country and you have about 200 people at a game. 

Isn't that something?  Hard to fathom.  Oh well, I was there is spirit with my Brooks catsup as made some cocktail sauce.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thanks for sharing. Really really like this young man. Gonna be a great HOOSIER!!! Crazy to think that you leave to go to a school ranked #1 in the country and you have about 200 people at a game. 

Ever been to Hesston?  Probably one of the more remote areas in Northern Indiana.  

McHoop

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Rico, I have a great place to fish about 100 yards from my front door. Great bluegill, crappie, bass, pike and perch lake. I would have to buy me an out of state license. lol

Sounds like you sir, are living, what they call, “the life”. Or.... you’re just playing red dead redemption 2.

13 minutes ago, Max said:

Sounds like you sir, are living, what they call, “the life”. Or.... you’re just playing red dead redemption 2.

Max, just ask my good looking, 40 year old, hard working wife. She will tell you all about "the life" I live. She calls me her ???ch! lol

14 hours ago, McHoop said:

Ever been to Hesston?  Probably one of the more remote areas in Northern Indiana.  

McHoop

I cant say that I have. I find it amazing that the #1 team in the country plays in a place like that "GYM" I guess there is no real connection between team and community. Just hard to believe that is in Indiana.  Last week I went and watched 2 varsity teams with a combined 8 wins between them and there were 1500+ to watch bad basketball being played.

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I cant say that I have. I find it amazing that the #1 team in the country plays in a place like that "GYM" I guess there is no real connection between team and community. Just hard to believe that is in Indiana.  Last week I went and watched 2 varsity teams with a combined 8 wins between them and there were 1500+ to watch bad basketball being played.

LaPorte County used to be in my territory back in the day.   Hesston's claim to fame was/is The Hesston Bar & Grill which was known for their prime rib.   That is practically the only building/business in Hesston.   Otherwise,  there are only scattered homes and Lalumiere in the area.  The rest is bogland/wetland and some farm fields.   Company I retired from used to insure Lalumiere many years ago and I handled some claims for them.   This was wayyyyyyy before they became a basketball factory.

McHoop

33 minutes ago, McHoop said:

LaPorte County used to be in my territory back in the day.   Hesston's claim to fame was/is The Hesston Bar & Grill which was known for their prime rib.   That is practically the only building/business in Hesston.   Otherwise,  there are only scattered homes and Lalumiere in the area.  The rest is bogland/wetland and some farm fields.   Company I retired from used to insure Lalumiere many years ago and I handled some claims for them.   This was wayyyyyyy before they became a basketball factory.

McHoop

Thanks for sharing.  My only experiences in that part of the state was when passing through on way to Lake Michigan as a kid.

15 hours ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

Oh yes, and a stop by the Heston Supper Club once or twice for some prime rib. I always seem to pass by the area whenever I'm in New Buffalo.

There's also a steam train museum and a miniature horse farm nearby if you're looking for something to do with the kids.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Anybody heard anything about this kid Brooks?  Heard he's the heir to the Brooks catsup/ketchup empire.  Also heard he's " in line " as a distant cousin to inherit the Pflueger reel empire.  Must be nice.  Geez.

Can he hit 3's though? That is the main question.

3 hours ago, McHoop said:

McHoop

I've eaten at Heston Bar many times....really good prime rib!

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Been a long while since I have had some quality prime rib. 

The real question Horseradish sauce or the real ground horseradish with it?

Sorry no Brooks catsup on Prime Rib

I can't help with the Horseradish question.......but I can on the prime rib.

You order fries with it and dip them in Brooks catsup.

Win-win.

Archived