Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, rico said:

I can't help with the Horseradish question.......but I can on the prime rib.

You order fries with it and dip them in Brooks catsup.

Win-win.

If I wasn't a retired old man I would go that place. I could easily spend a couple hundred bucks on that prime rib, oysters and seafood. 
Also, isn't LaPorte the home of Charles O'Finley (sp) the former owner of the Oakland Athletics? If my memory serves me correctly you could see his place from the toll road. One of his barns had Oakland A's spelled out on the roof.

28 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

If I wasn't a retired old man I would go that place. I could easily spend a couple hundred bucks on that prime rib, oysters and seafood. 
Also, isn't LaPorte the home of Charles O'Finley (sp) the former owner of the Oakland Athletics? If my memory serves me correctly you could see his place from the toll road. One of his barns had Oakland A's spelled out on the roof. 

It is/was. His house was off Hwy 35 between Michigan City and LaPorte. He used to decorate his house/grounds at Christmas when I was a kid and let people drive through. A friend of my uncles actually worked at a place that sold fresh fish that he would go to every week. I still have an autographed baseball from him he got me.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Been a long while since I have had some quality prime rib. 

The real question Horseradish sauce or the real ground horseradish with it?

Sorry no Brooks catsup on Prime Rib

Want to be sure to stay on topic 😀

Sorry...I haven't been there in over a decade, so I can't recall the horseradish question!

Maybe they have Brooks catsup for the fries! 😀

47 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Yes, that is where his residence was.  I can barely remember the sign though, but I know I saw it a few times when I got up that way.

We need to put a bottle of Brooks catsup on it now.  

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have given up trying to moderate this thread. Lol

Guys, I see how this thread has no news and can easily get diverted. But let's give it shot?

Nothing awful here, it is organic. But we have gotten way way way out in left field.

Funny what guys will talk about when their bored and there is no new news coming in on Brooks.

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Guys, I see how this thread has no news and can easily get diverted. But let's give it shot?

Nothing awful here, it is organic. But we have gotten way way way out in left field.

If you want it back on topic, probably shouldn't mention left field in an Oakland A's discussion.

21 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I see what you did there:

Organic = Food

Thread = Fishing Line

Shot - Liquor

On 1/27/2019 at 10:18 AM, HoosierDom said:

Perhaps the wrong thread, but I'm hoping they are related. Was there ever a reason given for why things with Jackson-Davis played out the way they did? Why wait to make the announcement after he has already signed and then do so on twitter, so low key with no fan fare?

I guess I'm the only one who finds the time line interesting. Here's my (completely baseless) theory:

Crean, deservedly or not, had a reputation for recruiting, and filling, scholarship spots that were not obviously free. Archie saw the hit Crean took for doing so and want's to avoid the same perception. Now, Archie is faced with the same conundrum. He might well know that someone, I won't speculate as to who, is on his way out. So, when TJD was ready to commit Archie asked if he would be okay holding off on announcing things publicly - thus making it appear to the world that we had one more un-used scholarship. Then, Keion was ready to sign. TJD, as a big man, was more attractive as a recruiter, so Keion agreed to be the one to hold off.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think we could have a top ten list of meandering topics that degenerated out of this thread.

Charlie O'Finley is as unpredictable of a stream of consciousness from Keion Brooks that you can find.  Maybe someone can tuck in the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act somewhere in this thread.

Lets not get started on the Hoover presidency, that will lead to more Vacuum talk and then we will have fish, catsup and vacuum cleaners in the KB thread.. Now that would be going way over the line. I am putting a stop to all talks regarding Hoover!!

50 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I guess I'm the only one who finds the time line interesting. Here's my (completely baseless) theory:

Crean, deservedly or not, had a reputation for recruiting, and filling, scholarship spots that were not obviously free. Archie saw the hit Crean took for doing so and want's to avoid the same perception. Now, Archie is faced with the same conundrum. He might well know that someone, I won't speculate as to who, is on his way out. So, when TJD was ready to commit Archie asked if he would be okay holding off on announcing things publicly - thus making it appear to the world that we had one more un-used scholarship. Then, Keion was ready to sign. TJD, as a big man, was more attractive as a recruiter, so Keion agreed to be the one to hold off.

Interesting theory...and to be honest one that I have heard from a few friends.  They just said it a little bit differently.  But it does make sense.  

All kidding aside guys. Let's cut back. Use the Animal house for random fun topics.

We do have many posters that check this forum for nothing but recruiting news. I can see where it would be frustrating, even if unintentional.

Let's respect those guys and what this part of the forum is designed for.  :)

2 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

It may be IU, it's just not a done deal, we still have some work to do though to seal it,  in my opinion. 

For the sake of discussion. What specifically gives you that feeling? Only reason I'm asking is given the track record of others who have consistently said done deal for months....what today makes you think otherwise?

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/wednesday-s-leftovers-dishing-on-cole-anthony-pitt-georgetown

image.png.ac9c55a6dbb7fe1c0a0901ea58ef1759.png

As an aside, Rabjohns has said that UNC absolutely blew up their own recruitment here and is no longer a factor. Didn't get any specifics. Also, Izzo's pitch has been that MSU is a better team and has a better future, so our win on Saturday really blew up in his face. Rabjohns also now thinks that this recruitment will be over by March 1st.

Archived