Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I grew up in the neighborhood right across the street from Sycamore Hills.  Nice course.

I used to work in your neighborhood if its on the north side of illinois rd. Ive done work for Mr Barnes also as he lives in that area. Ive done work at the Blackmons house in Ft Wayne which is funny cause they have a full court basketball court inside and it has the Kentucky logo(cause of his dad) Blackmons mom delivered 2 of my kids. Sorry for getting off subject

11 minutes ago, newhavenwarford said:

I used to work in your neighborhood if its on the north side of illinois rd. Ive done work for Mr Barnes also as he lives in that area. Ive done work at the Blackmons house in Ft Wayne which is funny cause they have a full court basketball court inside and it has the Kentucky logo(cause of his dad) Blackmons mom delivered 2 of my kids. Sorry for getting off subject

Great story. The owner of Bose lives on the course I believe

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I grew up in the neighborhood right across the street from Sycamore Hills.  Nice course.

Come on MAN! No one...I mean NO ONE beats a kid who grew up in and delivered papers in Pine Valley! That was my old stomping grounds. Used to wade in the mucky pounds of the golf course for golf balls!! 

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I'm sure  Keion is waiting for the right moment to commit, but IU is making it very difficult. Maybe he is just waiting for IU to show consistent and consecutive wins before he verbals. I know the Michigan State win was a signature win, but we did not back it up......

The gap is widening instead of closing for a commit.

From what I hear this is what I believe.

He is not worried about playing time feels he can start right away.

Great relationship with current and future Hoosiers.

Great relationship with staff.

Current losing issues not a problem. 

Team chemistry?????????

Is that enough to push him somewhere else? Those I talk to say no way,but I dont know only KB does.   Maybe IUWINS and COACHSS can add.

44 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Team chemistry?????????

Is that enough to push him somewhere else? Those I talk to say no way,but I dont know only KB does.   Maybe IUWINS and COACHSS can add.

Thanks Billingsley!  Appreciate your continued input.  Did you get any indication on what chemistry issues may be coming up?  Because of the issues have you heard if the staff is addressing them head on!

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Team chemistry?????????

I suspect the cause(s) of the team chemistry issues will not be around in 2019.

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Team chemistry?????????

That is good to hear S. Bottom line......... Something is not right about this team.  I am an artist,  and extremely OCD so I'm a very visual person. I watch body language and our team's body language is not good.  I continually see unrest, frustration, disconnect and tension. I see it between certain players and those same players with coaches. It's just not a good feeling. Granted,  team huddles and overall chemistry have looked much better lately, but sometimes it appears to be so forced. If Keion IS going to be a Hoosier and all of these things he is feeling ARE true, then no worries from me.  As bad as some of Crean's IU teams were and played, I never once questioned team chemistry. Those players appeared to really loved each other. Unfortunately, their coach failed them.

These two young men worry me. I love Romeo and Justin's stellar athletic ability. Romeo has off the charts basketball IQ, but both seem to lack that outward passion, swagger and emotion that we all want to see from star players. I know Romeo has been so even keeled his entire life, but man, I sure would love to see him smile and laugh more often. I want to see him fist pump and cheer for his team mates when they do well. These same things also apply to Justin. From a fan watching them on TV, I see no joy in their eyes and no ice in their veins. I feel starved from emotion with this team. 

48 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Team chemistry?????????

If I were coach I would address the plan to resolve the team chemistry issues with KB and let him know that it will come to an end by the close of the 2018-2019 college basketball season

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That is good to hear S. Bottom line......... Something is not right about this team.  I am an artist,  and extremely OCD so I'm a very visual person. I watch body language and our team's body language is not good.  I continually see unrest, frustration, disconnect and tension. I see it between certain players and those same players with coaches. It's just not a good feeling. Granted,  team huddles and overall chemistry have looked much better lately, but sometimes it appears to be so forced. If Keion IS going to be a Hoosier and all of these things he is feeling ARE true, then no worries from me.  As bad as some of Crean's IU teams were and played, I never once questioned team chemistry. Those players appeared to really loved each other. Unfortunately, their coach failed them.

These two young men worry me. I love Romeo and Justin's stellar athletic ability. Romeo has off the charts basketball IQ, but both seem to lack that outward passion, swagger and emotion that we all want to see from star players. I know Romeo has been so even keeled his entire life, but man, I sure would love to see him smile and laugh more often. I want to see him fist pump and cheer for his team mates when they do well. These same things also apply to Justin. From a fan watching them on TV, I see no joy in their eyes and no ice in their veins. I feel starved from emotion with this team. 

Very perceptive analysis.  A very darn fine artist if I may say so!!

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

So do you think the issues revolve around Romeo and Justin?  

20 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Thanks Billingsley!  Appreciate your continued input.  Did you get any indication on what chemistry issues may be coming up?  Because of the issues have you heard if the staff is addressing them head on!

The people I speak with are not around the team on a daily basis.  Most of them I have to throw darts and hope something sticks and then begin getting info if that makes sense. I do not pass along anything unless I get it from multiple sources and it gives with other info. I have observed and commented months ago on what I perceived I hear that RL and JS are just fine together and no issue. My eyes paint a different story.

Once I decided not to share info that I received from 3 different sources really juicy and not positive and was very damaging. This involved a player for us a few years ago. I did not like or want to spread gossip. Only later did I find out it was false the person telling this info was holding a personal grudge and spreading lies to people he felt would spread it even more. Funny thing was all 3 got it from the same person yet those 3 do not know each other. I do try to back things up before I put it out here

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The people I speak with are not around the team on a daily basis.  Most of them I have to throw darts and hope something sticks and then begin getting info if that makes sense. I do not pass along anything unless I get it from multiple sources and it gives with other info. I have observed and commented months ago on what I perceived I hear that RL and JS are just fine together and no issue. My eyes paint a different story.

Once I decided not to share info that I received from 3 different sources really juicy and not positive and was very damaging. This involved a player for us a few years ago. I did not like or want to spread gossip. Only later did I find out it was false the person telling this info was holding a personal grudge and spreading lies to people he felt would spread it even more. Funny thing was all 3 got it from the same person yet those 3 do not know each other. I do try to back things up before I put it out here

People like that are twisted and childish.

4 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

So do you think the issues revolve around Romeo and Justin?  

I am not sure. Strictly my opinion, mind you, but I do feel Justin has some part in it. You can't escape those negative tweets from Justin's dad a while back. As far as Romeo, it is most likely his personality, which is unfortunate. That may rub other team members the wrong way with his lack of emotion. It could come across as "privileged", "arrogant" and "self centered".  I'm not gonna lie, but as much as I love Romeo, that is how I feel sometimes. I just have a hard time thinking he is really that way. Fans just love seeing players getting amped up during games. It makes fans feel like they really want to be there,.....proudly representing IU.

Archived