Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

24 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That is good to hear S. Bottom line......... Something is not right about this team.  I am an artist,  and extremely OCD so I'm a very visual person. I watch body language and our team's body language is not good.  I continually see unrest, frustration, disconnect and tension. I see it between certain players and those same players with coaches. It's just not a good feeling. Granted,  team huddles and overall chemistry have looked much better lately, but sometimes it appears to be so forced. If Keion IS going to be a Hoosier and all of these things he is feeling ARE true, then no worries from me.  As bad as some of Crean's IU teams were and played, I never once questioned team chemistry. Those players appeared to really loved each other. Unfortunately, their coach failed them.

These two young men worry me. I love Romeo and Justin's stellar athletic ability. Romeo has off the charts basketball IQ, but both seem to lack that outward passion, swagger and emotion that we all want to see from star players. I know Romeo has been so even keeled his entire life, but man, I sure would love to see him smile and laugh more often. I want to see him fist pump and cheer for his team mates when they do well. These same things also apply to Justin. From a fan watching them on TV, I see no joy in their eyes and no ice in their veins. I feel starved from emotion with this team. 

Romeo smiled when he air balled a free throw last night, so there's the emotion we're craving, but I wasn't nearly as amused as he was 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HoosierCPA said:

Romeo smiled when he air balled a free throw last night, so there's the emotion we're craving, but I wasn't nearly as amused as he was 

Yep...I saw the same thing and told my wife, "Wow, he actually smiled, that nice to see!" I also saw the high fives and chest bumps between he and Justin as well.

3 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

I have no inside information at all.  I don't think hes coming here anymore.  I really dont understand why this is still dragging on otherwise.  

So he’s not coming to us anymore because it’s dragging on, which means if you follow that logic, he’s not coming to Michigan State either because this is dragging on, nor is he going to kentucky because this is dragging on...

see the logic there bud? Just go have a beer and relax.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

So he’s not coming to us anymore because it’s dragging on, which means if you follow that logic, he’s not coming to Michigan State either because this is dragging on, nor is he going to kentucky because this is dragging on...

see the logic there bud? Just go have a beer and relax.

Hes been IUs to lose apparently for some time.  That's the difference between IU and the others.  I think the longer it goes the less likely he is a Hoosier.  

39 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Hes been IUs to lose apparently for some time.  That's the difference between IU and the others.  I think the longer it goes the less likely he is a Hoosier.  

Could be a rumor but I heard he’s waiting to announce on national television at some point. ESPN is likely from what I heard. Doesn’t mean it’s accurate but at least it’s something. 

Ideally, we want players that are both highly talented and bleed cream and crimson.  IMO, players that have an intense desire to play for IU don't need to prolong their decision.  Those players likely view the decision as a business decision - a wise move when playing professionally is the primary goal.  This doesn't mean a player can't make a late decision and still want to play for IU, but I think their commitment to the school and team may not be as important as it is to a guy like Rob. P or Armaan F..

Maybe I'm full of it or over thinking it, IDK.  Above all, the decision is solely that of the player and his family, but as an IU basketball fan I'm focused on getting the right mix of players that want to bust their butts, improve their game, and (most importantly) restore this program to excellence.  Cynically, I suspect most McD type players really do see college ball as just a necessary step toward the NBA and choosing a school because they want to win a title is as much for their own benefit as the school's.

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Ideally, we want players that are both highly talented and bleed cream and crimson.  IMO, players that have an intense desire to play for IU don't need to prolong their decision.  Those players likely view the decision as a business decision - a wise move when playing professionally is the primary goal.  This doesn't mean a player can't make a late decision and still want to play for IU, but I think their commitment to the school and team may not be as important as it is to a guy like Rob. P or Armaan F..

Maybe I'm full of it or over thinking it, IDK.  Above all, the decision is solely that of the player and his family, but as an IU basketball fan I'm focused on getting the right mix of players that want to bust their butts, improve their game, and (most importantly) restore this program to excellence.  Cynically, I suspect most McD type players really do see college ball as just a necessary step toward the NBA and choosing a school because they want to win a title is as much for their own benefit as the school's.

I think you're pretty spot on here.

How many recruiting interviews have we seen where the recruit says "I want to go to a place that gives me the best chance to win a National Championship"?

It's always, "I'm looking for a school that's really going to prepare me and develop my game"

Don't get me wrong, one can want "player development" and a National Championship at the same time...many times the NC doesn't come without the player development. Give me the guys that are all about winning and hate to lose every single time, over the guys looking for drills and workouts to get them to the NBA.

The GREATS...Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, MJ, Kobe, Bird...they talk about winning.

Edit: Sorry, this post didn't have anything to do with Keion really. I don't want to lump him in to a category that he might not be in. I think he should take his time, and hopefully he ultimately picks IU so he can help the program win.

1 hour ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone in KB's camp say this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and to not rush? I'd probably do the same. It's not like he's a low 4 or high 3 star where not commiting early means his options are limited.

Agreed. I honestly believe he wants to see how the roster shakes out before committing. Say Romeo comes back...that would mean Keion would be taking a back seat in the offense and focus...that is not likely to happen but if it did I could understand that Keion may want to go somewhere where he can showcase his talents and see more of the ball. I think once Romeo declares Keion announces. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I think you’re over thinking it A LOT. If my son blessed IU and wanted to commit immediately I’d say you need to slow down. That’s about the ONLY way I’d interfere with my own kids first major decision in life would be to slow down PARTICUARLY if you just have enormous passion and particuarly if we had assurance the spot was there no matter what.

Archived