Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

This is supposedly from one of the well-respected paywall insiders...don't know which one.  Sounds like the Rivals and Twitter idiots could possibly cost us this one...

Brooks.thumb.jpg.a59c6dd3d2d898188e83d5a5bdc28044.jpg

Snow has to be one of the biggest Anti-IU guys out there. Makes me cringe to think his affiliation with IU sites could actually influence anyone. Whenever he gets a chance to take even a small dig he takes it. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I follow Snow on twitter, the guy is an expert on everything, just ask him he'll tell you. Guy is a clown.

Always has been and always will be. Never even open to thinking of the other side of an argument or point. He's always right. Probably the reason he is where he is in life. 

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is Hunter practicing?  He must be doing something that Dakich saw for him to tweet that "Hunter is going to be an absolute star next year."

Our own insiders said I think last August that if you didn't know who Romeo was.....you'd think Hunter was the best player on the court and top rated guy. Him getting injured hurt so much this year. Outside shot, athleticism, length.....healthy lineup of RP, Jerome, Romeo, Juwan, Davis would be very tasty. But since we have a curse of some sort....2 of those guys have been healthy. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Our own insiders said I think last August that if you didn't know who Romeo was.....you'd think Hunter was the best player on the court and top rated guy. Him getting injured hurt so much this year. Outside shot, athleticism, length.....healthy lineup of RP, Jerome, Romeo, Juwan, Davis would be very tasty. But since we have a curse of some sort....2 of those guys have been healthy. 

I was told by people in practice he and Romeo took it to the rim the same and that Hunter had the better outside shot.  Also was told there was a possibility of 2 OADs.  Not sure how much of this injury will slow him down if any but I’m excited to see him play.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I was told by people in practice he and Romeo took it to the rim the same and that Hunter had the better outside shot.  Also was told there was a possibility of 2 OADs.  Not sure how much of this injury will slow him down if any but I’m excited to see him play.

Yep. Remember very well what you said last summer. That's why his injury was almost Mo Creek like. Just set the team and timeline back. 

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

If Hunter is playing the 3, is Brooks suited to the 2?

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If Hunter is playing the 3, is Brooks suited to the 2?

Wouldn’t worry about positions in this age of basketball.  They have the length to play either and even the four.  If/when brooks finally commits it will be exciting to talk and think about lineups.  Could play a much faster pace next year if Archie wants to.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wouldn’t worry about positions in this age of basketball.  They have the length to play either and even the four.  If/when brooks finally commits it will be exciting to talk and think about lineups.  Could play a much faster pace next year if Archie wants to.

I was more thinking how solid either would be if an opponent applied pressure in the backcourt.  Ferrell used to be able to mostly break a press with his speed, Rob does not strike me as that kind of point.

Thinking ahead though, I think the potential length with Brooks, Hunter, and Jackson-Davis makes the pack line more productive when they are recovering to a shooter.

35 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I was more thinking how solid either would be if an opponent applied pressure in the backcourt.  Ferrell used to be able to mostly break a press with his speed, Rob does not strike me as that kind of point.

Thinking ahead though, I think the potential length with Brooks, Hunter, and Jackson-Davis makes the pack line more productive when they are recovering to a shooter.

Rob has that speed and strength.  He just needs to get his confidence back that he had before his injury.  He may not be as fast as Yogi but he’s not far off.

Edit: And yes that sort of length is how that defense is designed for.  

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

You have to wonder when  Romeo signed with IU he knew a little about the future recruits leaning towards IU and their feelings. I know the odds are stacked against Romeo staying another year, but it was well known that he and his family find education to be very important. I would have to think that since Romeo's stock has been dropping, that he has not ruled out coming back. Especially since a second season he could played with TJD and possibly Keion.

All the insiders say Romeo is 100% gone. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes missing Hunter and RP stinks. 

15 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

You have to wonder when  Romeo signed with IU he knew a little about the future recruits leaning towards IU and their feelings. I know the odds are stacked against Romeo staying another year, but it was well known that he and his family find education to be very important. I would have to think that since Romeo's stock has been dropping, that he has not ruled out coming back. Especially since a second season he could played with TJD and possibly Keion.

If we had competed very well this year and looked as if we could be a serious contender for a FF there was a legit chance RL would have came back. I might be wrong but I dont think he wanted to be a guy that went to college just because the rule says so. I think he felt we would be close this year and have a legit shot next and still be lottery. I see little to no chance of that now.

For him I really hate that he may end up as just a side note in Indiana basketball history. 

For many that doubt CAM, there has been contingency plans for life next with and without RL. even before all our issues I said it will be a 4 man class with or without RL and an outside shot at 5. Now I believe it even more

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If we had competed very well this year and looked as if we could be a serious contender for a FF there was a legit chance RL would have came back. I might be wrong but I dont think he wanted to be a guy that went to college just because the rule says so. I think he felt we would be close this year and have a legit shot next and still be lottery. I see little to no chance of that now.

For him I really hate that he may end up as just a side note in Indiana basketball history. 

For many that doubt CAM, there has been contingency plans for life next with and without RL. even before all our issues I said it will be a 4 man class with or without RL and an outside shot at 5. Now I believe it even more

Romeo is, and was always, going to go pro if he was a top pick. 

11 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Yes missing Hunter and RP stinks. 

I really hope J Hunter can resume his basketball career.  It's a terrible shame when a promising young player is robbed of opportunity by injuries.

I don't know if I misinterpreted what he said, but on his radio show Archie said Hunter has had some "set backs" but is now practicing.

Archived