Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Smith, Green and Moore? Throw in Romeo going to NBA and that is 7 players leaving. That would leave us short on bodies and players next year.

Thats why what this team does means nothing , to me, in recruiting. Except Archie is playing Freshman. 6 or 7 players will be gone. Half of this team. maybe more.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Have been told 3 others

If that is the case I hope we don’t use all the open schollys on freshman. Having a a couple back to back 5 man classes would limit the amount of open schollys in 2020 and 2021...and there are a lot of guys I want in 2021...need to keep balance in these classes. Besides we will need some veteran leadership to come in...hopefully a shooter as well to space the floor and a rim protector that can run the floor.

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

This team has nothing to do with recruits. There will be so many gone from this team, which is a selling point.

Results and player development reflect coaching.  This is the crux of the issue.  Players want to both win and be developed to the highest degree.  You have to see the forest for the trees with this year's Hoosiers.  And I hope there is a bigger picture here...or we are all in for a big dissapointment over the next 2 years. 

9 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

Results and player development reflect coaching.  This is the crux of the issue.  Players want to both win and be developed to the highest degree.  You have to see the forest for the trees with this year's Hoosiers.  And I hope there is a bigger picture here...or we are all in for a big dissapointment over the next 2 years. 

I agree with you to a point, but there is this thing called work ethic.  The coaches can take you through drills and show you things all they want, but it’s up to the player to actually hone their craft.  This is especially true at the collegiate level, when there are restrictions on how much time the kids can practice with coaches.  With the way some of the kids display themselves on national television with their nonchalant attitude and laziness, you can’t tell me they’re in the gym putting up 500 shots a day or working on dribbling, etc.  Victor Oladipo made himself into a better/professional basketball player.  I believe CAM is going to turn things upside down and find the kids who will come in  and work their butts off.  TJD and AF have those types of attitudes from what I’ve seen/heard.  Anyone else he adds will have a similar attitude, I hope.

Archived