Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

25 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Easy people don’t want to hear Archie is in over his head.  Truth hurts though.

Sounds like you are just butt hurt because it appears that you will be wrong on this recruitment.  You can't tell in less than two years if he is over his head or not and less than two months ago when we were 12-2 we did not see you on here stating that he was over his head.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds like you are just butt hurt because it appears that you will be wrong on this recruitment.  You can't tell in less than two years if he is over his head or not and less than two months ago when we were 12-2 we did not see you on here stating that he was over his head.

I could care less if I’m wrong.  You can tell a lot in 2 years. He’s not the guy, fools gold early in the season and we all bought it.  I just chose to sell mine and you are keeping yours.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I could care less if I’m wrong.  You can tell a lot in 2 years. He’s not the guy, fools gold early in the season and we all bought it.  I just chose to sell mine and you are keeping yours.

So why were you not saying this after we started 12-2 or actually finishing away ahead of what was predicted in the big ten last year.  Some people just don't handle adversity very well and peoples character really comes out when things don't go right.  When tings go wrong some will always look at the negatives and never see any positive and to me it is way better to look at thigs in a more positive light.

Just now, IU Scott said:

So why were you not saying this after we started 12-2 or actually finishing away ahead of what was predicted in the big ten last year.  Some people just don't handle adversity very well and peoples character really comes out when things don't go right.  When tings go wrong some will always look at the negatives and never see any positive and to me it is way better to look at thigs in a more positive light.

I just told you it was fools gold, I’ve been looking for something positive in the program for a month and a half.  Found nothing positive.  I’m not sure any sunshine pumper can say anything positive about this program. Archie and the team have done nothing.  Now after losing 10 of 11 there is going to be drastic changes?  Give me a break....

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I had supported Tom Crean for 9 years I would never have the audacity to call someone butt hurt.  It's been almost 2 years and Scott I doubt you can even sit down yet.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If I had supported Tom Crean for 9 years I would never have the audacity to call someone butt hurt.  It's been almost 2 years and Scott I doubt you can even sit down yet.

I was never a Tom Crean supporter - didn’t like the hire from the beginning - you may already know that from my posts during his time as coach. I am a supporter of Archie though...take that as you will. This season has sucked - no question, but Archie is the guy for the long haul.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I just told you it was fools gold, I’ve been looking for something positive in the program for a month and a half.  Found nothing positive.  I’m not sure any sunshine pumper can say anything positive about this program. Archie and the team have done nothing.  Now after losing 10 of 11 there is going to be drastic changes?  Give me a break....

I hope you don't think I take being a sunshine pumper as an insult because I take it as a compliment because my god wants all of us to be positive.  We were predicted to finish 9-10th last year but finished 6th so he overachieved in his first year.  I totally blame this on the players and them not jelling over what the coaches have done.  It is not like I wanted Archie in the first place but I am going to give him more than a 1.5.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Did not back him for 9 years and called for his head after all of the off the court stuff and after the Duke game. Once he was not fired I backed him because that is what good fans do and not  bad mouthing the program because I truly believe that hurts the program.  I still firmly believe the reason we don't get Brooks goes on the fan base more than anyone else because of all the tweets we have seen from the family about the fan base.  20 years ago the fan base was a positive for this program but I know longer feel like that and I think it is a huge hinderness n this program.  I think it hurts with recruiting as well as who might want to come here and coach.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope you don't think I take being a sunshine pumper as an insult because I take it as a compliment because my god wants all of us to be positive.  We were predicted to finish 9-10th last year but finished 6th so he overachieved in his first year.  I totally blame this on the players and them not jelling over what the coaches have done.  It is not like I wanted Archie in the first place but I am going to give him more than a 1.5.

Good for you, I’m a realist however.

You can laugh at what ever you want but it was the truth and I ever said Crean was a great coach.  I did not want Archie as our coach in the first place but he is our coach so I will back him and so should any real IU fan.  This fan base needs to come together and do what is best for the program and that is not to be divided and be one great fan base that helps the program and not hurt it.  It does no good for any fan to go on social media or message boards to rip the current players or coaches because future players or coaches see the same thing.

I thought I would never have said tis but right now I am so embarrassed of this fan base because we have become just like any other fan base.  IU use to stand for more than just winning or losing but how you came about doing the winning.  It was just not about the outcome of the game but IU fans had a better understanding of the game and what the game meant to this state.  I just don't know when thigs started to change for this fan base because it seems like we are just becoming any other fans that only cares about winning at all cost.  I don't know if it has to do with ones age or maybe where they have come from.  I don't usualy agree with DD but I think one thing that he says that has hurt our fans is that IU is not bringing in as much Indiana kids but to many from the east coast.  I think those who did not grow up on IU basketball and only became a fan when they got to IU doesn't understand the history of what basketball means to us.  To me these people only see wins or losses and not what it took to get their or what we want IU basketball to stand for.

r

Refuse to believe someone forgets how to coach over the matter of 3 months. I trust my eyes: horrible body language by players, inexcusable effort, and shotty offensive design. 

However, as a casual fan I trust the impression of people who study college basketball for a living. NOBODY was preaching him to be a bad hire two years ago. 

I will stick by Coach Arch during this tough stretch and look forward to exporting many current players. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I thought I would never have said tis but right now I am so embarrassed of this fan base because we have become just like any other fan base.  IU use to stand for more than just winning or losing but how you came about doing the winning.  It was just not about the outcome of the game but IU fans had a better understanding of the game and what the game meant to this state.  I just don't know when thigs started to change for this fan base because it seems like we are just becoming any other fans that only cares about winning at all cost.  I don't know if it has to do with ones age or maybe where they have come from.  I don't usualy agree with DD but I think one thing that he says that has hurt our fans is that IU is not bringing in as much Indiana kids but to many from the east coast.  I think those who did not grow up on IU basketball and only became a fan when they got to IU doesn't understand the history of what basketball means to us.  To me these people only see wins or losses and not what it took to get their or what we want IU basketball to stand for.

It’s changed with each passing year of a long struggling program.  IU is no longer a blue blood program.  IU is a middle of the road big ten program now. Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, Purdue, and OSU are all way ahead of us.  We are on par with Iowa (not this year though). 

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

It’s changed with each passing year of a long struggling program.  IU is no longer a blue blood program.  IU is a middle of the road big ten program now. Michigan, MSU, Wisconsin, Purdue, and OSU are all way ahead of us.  We are on par with Iowa (not this year though). 

I am taking about the mentality of this fan base meaning we stood for ethics and morality of this program.  Your response is what I am talking about because all of your comments is on the outcome of the game but not about what this fan base stands for.  what I am embarrassed about is how the fans react to adversity and the willingness to break some rules just to win.  When did you become an IU fan, was it when you went to iU if you went there or did you grow up being a fan.

Just now, CapnRon said:

I'm still not sure UK would be a good landing sport for KBJ.

He was quoted as saying he wants to get to the NBA as soon as possible.  Perfect landing spot for him actually.  As I typed this I realized that if that’s his priority maybe he’s better off at a different school.  We need 3-4 year players to build a foundation first.  Not saying I didn’t want him just saying he may not have been the best fit right now.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am taking about the mentality of this fan base meaning we stood for ethics and morality of this program.  Your response is what I am talking about because all of your comments is on the outcome of the game but not about what this fan base stands for.  what I am embarrassed about is how the fans react to adversity and the willingness to break some rules just to win.

Ethics went out when they hired Sampson.  That wasn’t the fans doing that was IU

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Dude. Where's this coming from? 0708 is one of the more well respected posters on this board and previous sites. When you were fighting with the guys on the other board for years he was delivering the goods to us. 

Archived